1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR 20 remote problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by stebro, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stebro

stebro Cool Member

Jan 23, 2007
    First, thanks for the help with my defective HR 20 that kept downloading software and reacquiring the satellite signal every 20 minutes. A tech came out and replaced it with a newer version. Here's a new issue. I have three devices to turn on when watching television: The TV, the HR 20 and a Bose audio system. I've been using a Harmony remote, which worked great when I had the same equipment but with an HR 10-250. I've reprogrammed the Harmony for the HR 20.
    However, when I use the Harmony, the HR 20 locks up. It won't turn on, even with the factory remote or by pressing the front panel button. The problem can be fixed by pressing the reset button on the HR 20. I plan to contact Harmony, but wondered if anyone here can explain why the HR 20 would lock up in this way.
    Thanks.

2. JohnLips

JohnLips Cool Member

May 23, 2006
    Which model harmony do you have? I have the 880 and it works fine.

3. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Ditto, JL.

4. stebro

stebro Cool Member

Jan 23, 2007
    I have the 676.

5. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Have you called Logitech customer service and explained your problem? They're pretty good at figuring things out.

6. PoitNarf

PoitNarf New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    And the HR20 works fine with the D* remote?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.