1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-20 - signal strength meter question compared to DirecTIVO

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tkrandall, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    I get my HR-20 tomorrow so I guess I could wait until then....

but I am curious if the signal strength screen on the HR-20 starts off on the sattelite/transponder for the currently tuned "live" channel? The DirecTiVO units I have (good old reliable series2 Hughes boxes) will start off on the signal strenght screen tuned to the transponder for the channel that was last tuned in live before you go to the signal strength screen. This is kind of neat because it lets you determine which sattelite/transponder any specific channel comes from. For example, Atlanta SD locals are on transponder 26 spot beam.

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    No it does not.

3. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    Too bad! I just got my HR-20 this morning but have not played around with it much yet (had to go to work). Is there any other way usign this tuner to determine the sattelite and transponder a channel is coming from? I am curious about the HDs.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I'm not aware of any way to identify specific transponders and the channels they carry using the HR20's signal meters. Perhaps this has the information you're looking for ....
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=92450

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.