1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR 20 tv apps

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by B Newt, Aug 16, 2013.

1. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Just got 0X736 update yesterday now my regular tv apps are gone. Also there is no way to change my tv apps. Anyone else have this problem?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Give it a day or two for that content to reappear.

When you press the remote's "Dash (-)" button, does it echo "Internet connected ..." on your TV?

3. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    If you're talking about the new TV Apps, there's no way to get the old ones back.

4. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Yep got good connection. Thanx for the tip I didn't know that you could do this.

5. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Yep got new apps. Hope the app store comes back.

6. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Just got 0X736 update yesterday now my regular tv apps are gone. Also there is no way to change my tv apps. Anyone else have this problem?
    Actually this is not a problem, what you see is what you get

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

7. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009
    So are we to get "other" new TV Apps?

The old TV Apps loaded in about 2 seconds on my two HR22's, now it takes about 1 minute, if they load!

8. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Maybe, but as this being so new, it might take awhile

9. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009
    Well, it's another DTV "forced" new change that's worse than the former TV Apps.

1. It's slow.
    2. I hope everyone using it now has a 70 inch TV as the text is so small even on a 46 inch TV it's difficult to see. They could have made it larger and just scroll more as in the past.
    3. The prior Sports Guide kept your last selections as the default, now I need to select Sport, MLB, American league, etc each time I watch.
    4. The prior individual apps for MLB, NFL, College favorite team with instant score shown in the apps side bar, with prior scores, etc. were great.

Well at least I now have a weather radar screen, two actually, regional and local.

For me the new apps are a major step backward and I sure doubt they will be changing them, or fix for speed. It's ironic that they have a message that states New TV Appps that are faster!

When will the day come when DTV asks it's subscribers what they want in TV Apps and actually code something up to that request?

10. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    TV apps seem to be evolving. I like them much more than the old ones in SD, and they are fast enough on my Genie.

Speed has to do in part with what DVR you have. What is it?

If they are hard to read, either: 1) You need to sit closer; 2) you need a new TV or 3) your vision needs correction. Sorry, but I do think that's the case.

11. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Size is auto tut the same for me as it was before, same amount of modules in the list as before at least.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

12. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009
    There are only 4 modules in the new TV Apps. The old apps had about 20 to choose from.

If I'm wrong then please point me to the 3 exclusive modules that let you choose your MLB, NFL, and College teams that shows them in the App sidebar list.

13. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009
    They are HR22 receivers.

The whole extended family said what happened to the size! The text in the Sports Guide is definitely one half, or smaller, than the the past Apps.

My 87 year old father says the new Apps suck and why they didn't they leave them as they were. Good question, as we didn't gain anything, just lost some nice apps!

14. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Perhaps you are all sitting too far away? For me, for that size TV, I'd want to be about 5 or 6 feet away. Most families sit further back.