1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-20 WiFi Connection needed?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Retro, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Retro

Retro AllStar

Nov 27, 2007
    I have a HR-20 HD DVR receiver.. It's connected via phone line only besides the coax coming in... I want to connect it to the wireless internet i recently installed to my PC... What device do i need for the Directv... I already have the net router working fine.. :D

I went to best buy, but i wasn't sure about something the guy recommended as he showed me a plug in internet connection that i connect one to PC and one to DVR? Seems like it was another router and redundant solution... :confused:

I'm thinking there is one stand along device i can plug in via the ethernet connection to the dvr that picks up the wifi or is there?

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    The DIRECTV receivers had built in support for the Linksys WGA600N wireless adapter.

3. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
  4. rpiotro

rpiotro Mentor

Apr 29, 2008
    Or order it from DTV for $10.00 less.

5. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    That is what I use. Super easy setup and it "just works". It is quite a bit cheaper here at Newegg though (click on "view price in cart"). Price is $73 and some change.

6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Yeah, I just used Best Buy because the OP mentioned having gone there to get what was needed. I certainly wouldn't buy it there.