1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-21 HDMI dead?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by davidpaj, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidpaj

davidpaj Mentor

Sep 9, 2006
    I just got an HR-21 from best buy, installed it, HDMI cable produces no picture or sound, component works fine..... suggestions?

2. TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    If you haven't already, try to force a software download.

Press the red reset button behind the access card door. On the "Welcome" screen, press 02468. Enter the code only once. After the "Amost There" screen goes away, it should start downloading the software.

3. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    If you're using the included cable, you might want to try another just incase the cable is bad.

Also, what make and model TV do you have? I think there might still be some incompatabilities with some tv's.

Last, and I know this can be a pain, but can you check the hdmi connection for the HR21 on another tv?

4. kschaper

kschaper New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    A lot of the Samsung tv's don't work with the HDMI cables. When I do the installs on them I only use the component.

5. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    Luckily my H20-600 works just fine with my Samsung.

6. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Some sets, manly Samsungs don't like 480i or 480p (can't remember which) over HDMI. Use any of the other connections to get through the setup. Once its up and running, then deselect the 480i/p as needed for the HDMI connection.

7. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    Mine does not like 480i :)

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Absolutely make sure that the DVR and TV both have the latest software. Try another cable if you have one.

...and I'm moving this to the HR20/21 forum for further discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.