1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-21 IR frequency?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by flapbreaker, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flapbreaker

flapbreaker Mentor

Oct 21, 2007
    Anyone know what frequency the HR-21's IR is set to? Reason I ask is I'm using an audio authority matrix switcher to control multiple devices. I recently just got the LCD proof IR receivers from xantech but seem to be having problems getting the HR-21 to respond to any signal. My other devices work fine but not the HR-21. On the back of the Xantech IR receiver you can adjust the frequency. So far nothings working. Anyone else using the xantech 291-80 IR receivers?

2. chumbley

chumbley Cool Member

Jun 23, 2004
    The HR21 is very fussy about the IR input - very easy to overload. Try moving your IR sender off to the side, or, cover most all of the IR window and make a small hole for the IR to enter.

3. flapbreaker

flapbreaker Mentor

Oct 21, 2007
    Thanks for that tip. I'll try anything at this point.

4. flapbreaker

flapbreaker Mentor

Oct 21, 2007
    Tried the above suggestion without any luck. It appears that the LCD friendly IR receiver is not sending the correct frequency. I need to do some more checking.

5. Altcool

Altcool Legend

Jun 11, 2007
    chumbley
    On my HR20 i had a hard time getting it to respond to ir commands through an emitter then i took the ir emitter off and let it hang down in front and it works great.

6. Manolo

Manolo New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    I talked to Xantech and they advised to use the 282M, non LED emitters instead of the included 284M blinking emitters. I grabbed them from SmartHomeUSA.com and everything works perfectly.

I myself control two HR21s from 60' away with my 291 and only use one DTV remote. You can program the AV1 slider to code 00003 and set the secondary receiver to AV1 in the remote menu. Quite stylin'!

Anywho, this alleviates all of the black tape and 2" away fixes.

-
    Manny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.