1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-24 Channel Banner with more info

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by RoberMR, Aug 13, 2010.

1. RoberMR

RoberMR AllStar

Oct 23, 2007
    Hi All,

Well, after some discussion and give and take, I was able to convince my wife that watching SD progams using our DirecTivo on our 46" HD Tv set was, well, unnatural, so we got a new HR24-500 installed yesterday. Everything is going well. The picture is great, the speed is great, ....

But, today she said she doesn't like the fact that when she changes channels (surfing) the HR doesn't display the full channel banner with the program description. I told her she's supposed to hit "Info" to see the description, but it didn't go over too well. Change is not something she's too keen on.

So my question is, has anyone found a way to make the HR display the full description when going from channel to channel without having to hit "Info"?

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I think you would need to use a programmable remote with macro capability to automatically send 'info' after each channel up or channel down, which would probably really cause problems since the same two buttons are also used for page up and page down. Perhaps a Harmony remote could be programmed to send a channel up, pause, info using the two spare up and down buttons, but Im not sure macros can be programmed with a harmony, never tried it.

Pretty sure the DVR wont do it.

Why doesnt she use the guide...as you arrow down the guide, you get the info screen on the top automatically.

3. RoberMR

RoberMR AllStar

Oct 23, 2007
    Yes, I thought about trying to program the Harmony 880 we use to do something like that but I think it'll be more trouble than it's worth. Who knows, instead of channel surfing, she'll decide to surf the guide itself which is faster and shows the full descriptions in the header area.

Thanks,
    Rob