1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-44 Partial Incomplete Recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sfeym, Sep 21, 2013.

1. sfeym

sfeym New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I am getting partial recordings on my HR-44. They start on time but end early with only 8, 10 or 20 minutes recorded. There were no weather interruptions, conflicts or OT games that cause it. My set-up is fairly simple but I do have an external WD AV 3 TB esata HDD. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas how to resolve?

2. t00lband525

t00lband525 New Member

Sep 17, 2013
    New Jersey
    I have the same issue....had an hr44 installed 1 week ago and on 3 occasions programs stop before we have finished watching them. All of a sudden the delete screen appears midway through the recording....any ideas?

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I would remove the external HDD for a few days and set up about 1/2 dozen recordings. If the problem goes away then you know its related to the external HDD or cable. If it persists, it's within the HR44 That's how I would start narrowing it down.

4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    My HR44 recorded the same program twice at the same time on two seperate tuners.

I recorded a program from Wapa (SD only channel) and when I go look at the play list it was recording twice from the same channel on seperate tuners.

I found this odd and peculiar.I could understand recording the same show if one tuner was recording the Hd version and another one recording the sd version.

If it happens again I guess a reboot is in order.