1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100 and remote for ViewSonic TV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mertzf, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mertzf

mertzf Mentor

Sep 5, 2007
    I thought I would ask: I have had the receiver for a bit, and was hoping to just use the supplied remote to control both the receiver (RF, in a closet) and the TV (IR). None of the codes listed under the "viewsonic" brand under the TV part of the remote programming seem to work for me. Anybody happens to know if the TV would recognize the codes of another brand? Otherwise, any programmable remote out there that anybody has had good luck with?

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    the newer rc64 has a few more viewsonic codes then previous remotes, give the philips codes a try.

3. dmk679

dmk679 Cool Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Which Viewsonic TV do you have? I have a N3751W and the RC64 has codes for this model.

4. mertzf

mertzf Mentor

Sep 5, 2007
    You guys rock. It works now (viewsonic N3251w). Happy camper, no more hunting remotes for me...

5. Bly

Bly AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    Thought I'd throw $.02 in here... new newst viewsonic, like my N3735W use Phillips codes... 10054 worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.