HR20 100, Sat 103S, Tuner 1 NOT acuired. [I'm in Los Angeles.]

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tele-TV, May 2, 2012.

1. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    Hey guys.

1. I was wondering what part country does Sat 103S cover? Because I'm Not getting a Signal on Tuner 1.

2. I changed the B-Bands. Did a Hard RBR. Repeated Sat guide set-up.

3. I notice this problem about Tuner 1 appriximately 2-3 days ago. It started out about 8 in the evening I was flipping throught the channels and I lost signal for Los Angeles HD locals Ch. 5, 11, & 13 AND 28. They came back by themeselves later that night.
    And one last thing, when I tape "Cops" at 3am in the morning on LA Ch. 13, the recording nevers comes through because of NO sat signal.

4. I have the tech coming out Monday. He would have come on Friday but I'm busy that day.

Thanks guys.

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    It could be a tuner issue or a dish issue...neither of which you can do much about yourself...so it's good your getting someone out there.

3. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    Thanks hdtvfan001. Yeah the D* agent rep I spoke to this morning said it could be anything.

I hope its not water that might have got into the Un-covered by roof eves, coaxial connections. Maybe about 2 weeks in the San Gabriel Valley we had a terrential downpour. I will ask the tech to check those connections and put some "putty" over them. The reason why I bring up the coaxial connections and water is because I don't know why I left it exposed so long.

Anyways, I don't think its the box [knock on wood]. I really hope its not as I do not want to go through the trouble of sending the box back and having to redo alll the settings.

Thanks again hdtvfan001. Also I'm glad I have the Protection Plan.

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    That;s the best news of all then...they'll do whatever they need to do.

We'll hope it's something simple or small...but you have no worries.

5. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    So I finally had a tech over yesterday after I rescheduled because of a trip.

They could not find nothing wrong. Knowing my luck. Yesterday evening (after the tech came in the morning), I set a recording for KTLA CW 5 for the 2012 Auto Show, in the evening, it did NOT record because of LOST SAT SIGNAl. How is that for irony '.' :(