1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100 Slow since last update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cormac77, May 11, 2012.

1. cormac77

cormac77 New Member

May 11, 2012
    OK, I have spoken to CSR's/ Managers/ retention and anyone else you can think of, I have not received any type of answer or help. In February, there was an update, at the time I had an HR22. That day, there started a delay in accessing the Playlist, and other controls. At the time I figured it was just re-setting with the new update, after a week there was no improvement. I don't mean a slight annoying delay...It takes 2 minutes ( 1 minute 45) for anything to appear when I try to access the list.

I spoke to CSR's that did the usual resets etc...finally a few more weeks in, they told me there's nothing anyone can do & that it's a bad receiver (coincidentally the receiver went bad after the latest software release). I figured, I'll trade it out, because after a month of not being able to use it,at least I would be able to watch shows again. Directv sent me an R16 receiver, which is just about obsolete.

I called back & insisted that I receive something comparable to what I had, we went through all the " we don't know what model they will send", and finally sent me a refurbished HR20. I hooked it up, it showed the old GUI for the 1st half hour & worked fine. Then it downloaded the newest software update & went right back to 2 minute wait times to access the playlist & to delete items.

I checked other forums & it seems that other people are having these problems. In all honesty it is unwatchable. It is frustrating, it removes any enjoyment that may be had.

What can I do? Is there an issue because the receivers can not handle this software. Is it because I do not subscribe to HD, but the receiver can handle both HD/SD so it takes the software, but creates issues?

Can anyone help?

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I have an HR22 and its working better then ever. Since you know that its being discussed, I suggest you read through this [thread] or this [thread] for some ideas.

3. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    are you internet connected?

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Wait a minute, are you saying they swapped out an HR22 with an R16 as a replacement for defective, then the R16 with an HR20? That shouldn't be possible.

What software got downloaded to the HR20?

5. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    whoa...missed that

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    I'm guessing that it was an R22.

7. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    thatd be an HR21-100

8. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    He said his HR22 was replaced with an R16. The chances are greater that he had an R22 than someone in the warehouse shipping a SD DVR on a HD DVR RMA.

9. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    right....i should step away from the beer....hahahah. Thought it was that R22/HR21 refurb thing

10. cormac77

cormac77 New Member

May 11, 2012
    Just an update, two weeks ago I received the 0x05cd update and the problems finally cleared up. I press the List button and my list appears... since January I could press the list button, then go to the bathroom, make a cup of coffee & have a short nap, then the list appears! :)

Anyway, it is no longer slow & it makes all the difference. It was honestly like 2 1/2 minutes between pressing the button & action to be performed to open the list and anything in the list (info, delete etc...).