1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100S Disk Scan

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by beckp, Jul 2, 2012.

1. beckp

beckp Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Hello All,

Been a while since I posted. I have a HR20-100S that started a disk scan 2 days ago after a power failure. Well it's finially done at 100% complete but that screen showing the progress and errors found (a lot) and errors corrected is still showing. Do I reboot it it now or should it continue on it's own?

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    It might be toast...write down the info and if it works after a reboot then call and get another one sent out so you can replace it..they dont really fix themselves after the HDD's start having issues.

3. beckp

beckp Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Well I rebooted and it has some strange graphic artifects while at the screen that showed the DT logo (after self check) but it came up and seems fine. BTW .... it had 37184 errors found and 18887 corrected.

4. Juanus

Juanus Legend

Jun 4, 2007
    WOW! That's a ton. I would run the diskcheck multiple times and see if you can get zero. I did this proceedure and the first time it found and fixed 9 errors, then the second time it found and fixed 3, and then the third time it found and fixed 1. The fourth time it was zero zero.
    To run the diskcheck manually, reboot the box and when the screen says running reciever self check, press the select button on the remote. There are lots of diagnostic stuff that comes up, and one of them is the diskcheck.

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    My HR20-100 did the same thing early last year. It worked fine for awhile, but then started to do the scanning again. I finally was able to watch what was on it and then deactivated it and acquired an HR25 on line as a replacement.

So, watch what you can and replace it.