1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hr20/21 & Esata

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Blitz68, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    If I record some stuff on an ESATA drive can I move it from my DVR to a friends so we can watch what I have recorded?

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    It will not work. You will be able to see the recordings in the playlist but they will not play.

3. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    No.......copyright issues/protection. D* will pretty much never enable that. The drive is "married" up w/ the receiver.

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    It would be nice if there was away to get account information from the access card in the HR20 and save the info to the hard drive. Than if you connect it to another HR20 in the house it will know that it is the same account and let it work.

This way if your HR20 goes bad and you need a replacement than you will not lose your recordings.

5. 2000voltz

2000voltz Legend

Sep 21, 2007
    wouldn't it be better to say the recorded content is married to the reciever, because the favorites and SL's will work with any reciever. (hr-20 anyway)

6. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005

Well.....in the context of the OP question it fits. But your statement is more accurate overall. :)

Yes....the would be a nice feature/capability.

7. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    If I only had $0.05

8. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I guess we could be happy the remote doesn't have a "Window" button......

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Is anyone still waiting for MRV on his DirecTiVo?

10. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    :lol: !rolling !rolling !rolling :lol:

11. rsblaski

rsblaski Icon

Jul 6, 2003
    Southern Nevada
    Yessssssssssssss.
    In another thread, someone came up with what I believe would be the ultimate implementation of MRV.
    Any linked dvr would be able to record to/access from any other dvr. All would have the same play lists, or in another suggestion, playlists listed by dvr or composite, possibly using tabs. Any recording request, either manual or SL would be handled by any tuner on any dvr that was not busy at that time.
    In simple terms, if I was watching dvr 1, I could make a recording request from the Guide. If both tuners on dvr 1 already had recordings scheduled for the time of the request, a tuner on dvr 2 or 3 would record the request. At the time the request was made, the request would appear on the "to do" list of all dvrs. When the recording was completed, it would show up on the PL of all dvrs and be accessible by all.
    And if D* doesn't lift the 50 SL limit, the limit would be 50x(# of dvrs).
    If this came to pass, I would be a VERY happy camper.

12. kalrith

kalrith Cool Member

Oct 5, 2007
    This would be the ultimate for me as well. I want to be able to watch a different program on two TVs at the same time, which would require two receivers. I'd like to go ahead and get two HR20s so that I can record four shows at once. As it is right now, I'd probably be recording a lot of shows on both DVRs because of no MVR. It would be great to be able to set up all of the recordings on one HR20 and have it basically act as a DVR with 4 tuners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.