1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-700 and Slingbox Solo: "Unsupported signal (like 1080p)" message

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Neenahboy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Cool Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Hey all,

Apologies for the n00b question, but trying to connect my Slingbox Solo to the HR20-700 is driving me nuts.

I'm running HDMI from the HR20 to the TV, and component from the Slingbox to the HR20. Native is currently on. I'm getting the "Unsupported signal (like 1080p)" message when I try to connect to the Slingbox remotely...does this mean I have to change to a fixed resolution? I gather this latest nastygram has been in place since the new UI or thereabouts (?), but I just don't know specifically what it wants.

Thanks for any help. :)

2. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    The new GUI and some HDMI issues came at about the same time. I worked around it by splitting the component output and using it on the TV as well.

3. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    I have 2 Solos attached to a H25 HD receiver and a HR21 DVR, both via component, and have not seen this message. The Solo is, technically, a SD unit but it seems to handle the HD component signal just fine at all resolutions through 1080i (1080p requires HDMI, and the Solo doesn't have HDMI).

With a TV attached via HDMI, you can hit a problem with HDCP on some premium channels. If the TV is off, it may not respond to the HDCP handshake, which will prevent some premiums from being displayed on any output.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    You shouldn't generalized that; we recently discuss the common mistake:
    - component is support 1080p; problem could be in source and/or in TV, if particular device designed that way.

5. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Well, okay, DirecTV receivers will only output 1080p via HDMI.