HR20-700 Remote: RF to IR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by McCoyRJ, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCoyRJ

McCoyRJ AllStar

May 21, 2007
    My apologies if this has been covered before, but I am trying to program my HR20-700 back to IR in order to use it with my Harmony remote. When I use the HR20 remote to do this, everything works fine up until the point where I need to confirm the change. At that time the remote, apparently still in RF mode, doesn't operate the DVR, now in IR mode. How do I get the remote back to IR as well?

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Des Moines, IA
    To turn off the RF on the remote:

1. sat
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9 6 1
    4. press CH DOWN

3. McCoyRJ

McCoyRJ AllStar

May 21, 2007
    Edmund,

What do you mean by "sat?" I followed the procedure as stated in setup-remote-IR/RF Setup. I changed the receiver to IR, pressed done, then followed the procedures to change the remote (press mute & select for two blinks, enter 961, channel down, then select). When I press select, nothing happens. I know the receiver is in IR because I can now control it with my Harmony Remote, but I can no longer use the DVR remote. :confused:

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Des Moines, IA
    The SAT is short satellite, the directv device on the remote.

Then try programming code 00001 to the directv device on the remote.

5. CT_Wiebe

CT_Wiebe Legend

Oct 7, 2007
    You have to press the "Info" button to complete the transition (at least that's what my on-screen message tells me to do).

6. McCoyRJ

McCoyRJ AllStar

May 21, 2007
    Sat, oh yeah. :blush:

I finally reset the remote to the factory defaults and then it worked again in IR. Had to reprogram in my AV and TV, but at least it works now.

Thanks for the help. :)

7. fetzervalve

fetzervalve AllStar

Dec 26, 2007
    Does the receiver not respond to IR commands after you switch to RF?

I was hoping to be able use my stock remote - remotely (in RF mode), and my Pronto locally in IR mode.

8. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Des Moines, IA

Nope, its one or the other, not both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.