1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-700?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sgsmitty, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgsmitty

sgsmitty Mentor

Oct 18, 2007
    I see posts about HR20-100 and HR20-700, what is the difference? How do you know when one I will be getting?

Also, saw recent stuff on HR21, anyone know when that will come out?

Thanks

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    There is no way to know which version of the HR20 you will get from DirecTV - it all depends what they grab at the warehouse or what your installer has on his truck. If the local retailers have both in the store, then you could purchase the model of your choice at the store, but it's rare that the stores have more than one model at any time.

There is no functional difference between the HR20-700 and HR20-100. The HR20-100 does run somewhat cooler and has vents on the sides and bottom, while the -700 has vents on the top. The HR20-100 also has an additional digital audio coax output.

We don't have a firm release date for the HR21, although preorders are being taken at solidsignal.com. I'm guessing that they'll be available within the next 2 to 4 weeks.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Moving this thread to the HR20/21 forum for more input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.