HR20 dialing at the beginning of the month

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by spnkzss, Jun 4, 2009.

1. spnkzss

spnkzss New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    My vonage activity shows that for at least the last 3 month from the 1st to the 2nd or 3rd quite a few dial attempts to 18005315602. Why is this? I don't have PPV, Games, or VOD $. I like the Caller ID, but it's not worth eating up my minutes.

Thanks

2. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I found the following in the Customer Service Agreement, which may explain that it's dialing because of your DVR service, but I really have no idea why it would do that:

3. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I think it calls in whether or not you've purchased anything as part of its routine reporting. Simple thing is to disconnect the phone line if you don't want it to make the call.

4. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    So, if your HR2x is connected to both a phone line and the internet through your home ethernet setup, will it still use the phone line, or does it prefer the internet in such cases?

5. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Not sure, since I don't use the caller ID function, I disconnected the phone line once I connected my network.

6. trekologer

trekologer Legend

Jun 30, 2007
    The receiver might be calling in status report information, such as signal quality, if the receiver encountered an error, etc. Others in the forum have reported receiving calls from DirecTV offering a service visit for dish alignment because the receiver reported to DirecTV low signal strength.

Also, I believe that toll free calls are not counted in limited-usage Vonage plans so calls to a toll free number should really be a concern.

7. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Yep, from the Vonage site: http://www.vonage.com/support.php?topic=6&article=1391

No fees are applied for outbound toll free, Vonage to Vonage, and incoming calls.