HR20 error - system canceling my manual recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vape, Mar 4, 2009.

1. vape

vape New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Hi - I'm looking for help with my hr20. Every day I set up a manual recording for a nba league pass game to watch when I get home. Twice in the last week my dvr has canceled it and given the following message in the history:
    "This showing was canceled because the channel was no longer available (6)"
    Tonight it was the warriors game on 754-1.
    Now I've done this hundreds of times before without a problem but twice in the last week it's been cancelled in this manner. Needless to say this has me furious. It makes no sense at all. I always set it up to start 10 minutes after the start time so I don't think its an issue with the channel not being turned on in time. Also the channel is playing fine when I check it.
    Recording the full 6 hours as a normal recording is not an option -- I need to set it up as a manual recording.
    Does anyone have an idea what's causing this or how to avoid this? It's driving me crazy.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    This can happen if that channel isn't actually "live" yet when your DVR tries to start recording it. That's sometimes a problem if someone at DirecTV is asleep at the switch and doesn't activate the channel on time, or if there's a problem with the broadcast.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You may try recording the game off the Sports Pack channel it airs on & record whatever show is on the schedule after the game.