HR20 Issue - Audio drops/ blocky / jumpy video on playback

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Steveknj, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steveknj

Steveknj Icon

Nov 14, 2006
    I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues.

On playback of shows, especially HD shows, I've had issues with audio skips, video getting blocky, and jumpy and throwing audio out of sync. And one time, while watching Singing Bee recording the playback just stopped and wouldn't budge until I mashed some keys and it started again. This seemed to start happening after the addition of all the new HD channels. I'm not sure if that is related or not, or if this is a hard drive issue. Any thoughts?

2. kbcrowe

kbcrowe Mentor

May 22, 2006
    Yes, I'm having these same problems constantly. I have two HR20's and I tested it by recording the same show on both and the breakups occured at the same point. It's pretty much on everything I watch in HD, some worse than others.

3. bsmithFX4

bsmithFX4 AllStar

Dec 7, 2006
    I get it sometimes on my HD locals that are broadcast over the sat. It is usually KTLA 5 CW that I see most of my problems on (on both of my HR20's). Come to think of it, I think that channel is almost the only one I see this on any more. Maybe once and a while while watching a live sporting event in HD, like football on CBS or FOX, but nothing major.

It used to be a lot more prevalent 10-11 months ago when I got my first HR20. I think that D* has helped the HR20 to handle those broadcast glitches better over time, but sometimes my guess is that the broadcast signal is so bad there is nothing the HR20 can do to fix it.

4. Agrajag

Agrajag Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I get a lot of graphic blocks of noise when I playback on certain channels at a speed other than 1x.

The other one I've been getting of late now is having the entire screen turn to shades of gray, like a chrome effect in a photo editing product. It reverts after several frames but it's very strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.