1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 Off air antenna

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tjlmbklr, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Newbie here!

Hope I put this in the correct place, I couldn't find anything in the fact section. I just installed and set up my off air antenna. I thought the manual states that with it in use that you can potentially record/watch 3 programs at once. I can't; is there a setting I am missing?

TJ

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    :welcome_s to the forum.
    Don't believe everything you read in the manual.
    There are two SAT tuners & two OTA tuners and you can only record from two period.
    You can watch a recorded program while the two tuners are recording, but that's it. :)

3. JMCecil

JMCecil Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    Mine only has 1 OTA input. I was under the impression there were only two total tuners for the three inputs. Is this not correct?

4. SuperTech1

SuperTech1 Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    The one OTA input is split internally for two OTA tuners.

5. JMCecil

JMCecil Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    But are they not the same two tuners that for the Sat inputs? In other words, the the one OTA input is split to the two internal Sat Tuners. That's the way I understood it. Otherwise it sounds like 4 tuners.

6. SuperTech1

SuperTech1 Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    It is 4 tuners:

2 Sat tuners via 2 Sat cables
    2 OTA tuners via 1 OTA cable

There are plans for multiple tuners from 1 cable using a technology called FTM. Some time in the future. No dates have been announced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.