1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 Phone Connection

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dishnet520, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dishnet520

dishnet520 AllStar

Jun 15, 2004
    Sorry if this is posted elsewhere or has been discussed before, but I am looking at ordering a HR20 and want to know if I absolutely have to have a landline phone connection for it to operate correctly or for the initial set-up. We currently only have our mobile phones. I have read in other forums about the ability of ordering PPV and Caller ID as the only functions you will lose. It doesn't bother me about the PPV because I order on-line. Thanks

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Nope. No phone line is needed. You just won't be able to order PPV movies, or have Caller ID.

3. dishnet520

dishnet520 AllStar

Jun 15, 2004
    Thanks

4. smb3d

smb3d Mentor

Aug 24, 2006
    The installer wouldn't install my HR20 without a phone line. Directv would not let him finish the install. He had to come back a week later when I had a phone line. I understand it doesn't need it, I never had one with my Dtivo and 'm not saying they wont do it for you, but they didn't do it for me. Just letting you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.