1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 without SWM on One Cable

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by shendley, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I haven't kept up with the SWM threads so I don't know what all is involved there but I was surprised to see tonight while I was switching out my coax inputs into the 20 to check on a problem I was having that I was able to have both tuners working with one input into sat 2 according to the signal meter. Just to make sure, I recorded two things at once and it worked. I thought for the single input to work you needed some special equipment. I just had a single coax running into the back of my machine. What's up with that?

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Deleted.......

3. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    well that was incoherent :lol:
    you can record 2 ota or one sat, one ota if ota is hooked up..

4. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Man... The time as come, it's time to go too bed. I just posted a response in the wrong thread about 10 minutes also.
    Good night all.

Good Luck Shendley.

5. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    This is a mystery ...

Normally SWM threads would be in the Cutting Edge forum, but you say you don't have one so ... :confused:

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    This has happened before. the receiver can connect both tuners to one SAT input. It's not the way it should be working and I believe a reset will have it return to normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.