1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20s just installed - remind me how to set up remote to control stereo volume?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Frank_M, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_M

Frank_M Cool Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Hi all -

My HR10-250 is leaving (sniff) but my two new HR20-700's are here.

Can you remind me of the trick to program the power button to turn on BOTH the TV and the stereo receiver at the same time, as well as use volume from the stereo as the default, NOT the TV.

And please don't recommend a universal remote. I have a Pronto and it's great, but I like to have this set up for my son and wife who prefer just to use the remote, or for just basic TV watching myself.

Watching the Met games this past week, I was glad I could throw the peanut against the sofa, NOT the Pronto. :)

Appreciate in advance the help, looking forward to checking these units out!

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    You can't turn the TV & Aud receiver on with one key with white remotes, sorry. To get the Aud receiver volume in all devices you have to dio the following: First there has to be a tv code programmed to the tv devce or the volume keys won't work, then with aud receiver code programmed;

1. av1 or av2
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9 9 3
    4. press SELECT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.