HR21-100 0x1F8 - Issues / Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR21 Discussion (private)' started by MartyS, Feb 2, 2008.

Did you receive this update?

1. yes; I received this update

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no; I did not receive this update

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Feb 2, 2008 #1 of 104
    MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Just thought that I would try to separate the discussion on 0x1F8 to a different thread.

Downloaded fine last night. Everything seems to be working so far this morning. All the features that I got used to on my HR20-700 are now on the new box.

Need to get the network up and running on that box to check DoD, but so far all is well.

2. Feb 2, 2008 #2 of 104
    Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Moved this from the announcement thread.

Tried to play a video file via media share...

The file was called bunnies...Toys R Us commercial with the rabbits

Stuck on a grey screen for a while I pressed exit, stop, guide and selected ch244...Nothing

Finally did get to ch244 but the only thing I get when I press info is it says bunnies. No matter what channel I go to, it thinks they're all playing bunnies

Press play and the progress bar shows it runsfrom 0:00 to 0:01 and the progress is at 132:05 and still counting 135:25...139:02
    I try to RW and the progress bar goes back but doesn't RW Flash. Pause works.

Did a restart....No more bunnies

Mike

3. Feb 2, 2008 #3 of 104
    Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Still getting no audio on the first few seconds of a recording. Trick play back to the begining and the audio is back.

Mike

4. Feb 2, 2008 #4 of 104
    waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    Mike what are you useing for media share? I have WMP11 on XPpro with SP2 and can not get video to work on my HR21 or HR20.

5. Feb 2, 2008 #5 of 104
    Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Problem playing VOD show while download was in progress...

-Background channel was HD local WREG (Ch. 3)
    -Tuned to 1000
    -Selected show
    -Started Download
    -Watched HD local for a minute
    -Went to Playlist
    -Show was at 27% downloaded
    -Selected it
    -On show info screen, Selected 'Play'
    -PIG went black, audio stopped
    -But I remained at the same screen and show would not start playing
    -PIG still showed HD local channel number, not the VOD channel number like it should have
    -I could still scroll down and select 'Keep', 'Delete', or 'Done'.
    -I tried clicking 'Play' several more times with no results
    -When I exited out back to HD local, audio and video still didn't work.
    -Only way to get audio and video back was to rewind for a second or to change channels.
    -I tried this again at 47% and 77% downloaded. Still didn't work.

Once download completed, video plays normally.

6. Feb 2, 2008 #6 of 104
    waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    Within the last five min i have had the screen saver kick on three time, Got a popup that says program no longer avail, each time i ch up and got program back. Last time screen scaver came on when live tv came back it was on the dod menu instead of bravohd i was watching.

7. Feb 2, 2008 #7 of 104
    mikhu

mikhu Beer Aficionado

Oct 10, 2006
    Having problems with Media Share today. First I tried playing a video and that didn't work, it just brought up a blank screen with the video name in the progress bar. I tried to exit out of the video playback but it wouldn't do anything. The blank screen stayed up and the title of the video stayed in the info bar as well.

Then I tried playing a picture slideshow. Media Share recognized the pictures, asked me if I wanted to play music with the slideshow, everything. But when I clicked on all pictures and shuffle all, all I got was a blank screen. The picture titles would come up on the progress bar and on the info bar, but no actual pictures showed up.

Then I exited a bazillion times but it wouldn't do anything. Blank screen and picture title stayed. Then the audio from the sat channel started playing, but no picture.

Had to do a menu reset to get the picture back and to get the info bar to display the title of the show, not the title of a picture.

For reference, everything I described above works fine on my HR20. The video plays fine, and the slideshow works fine with and without music.

8. Feb 2, 2008 #8 of 104
    Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    I use TVersity.

Something I should have brought up in my bunnies post, with 0x195 when I went to Music & Photos menu option it would show TVersity and the media it shared.

This time it showed the laptop and when I hit video>all it show everything on the machine in a video format.

I'm not really sure how it's doing that but I am checking it out.

Mike

9. Feb 2, 2008 #9 of 104
    cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    Repost of same issue experienced in 0x18A and 0x195:

I experience significant (~1/2 second) lip sync issues with any channel broadcasting Dolby Digital when DD is turned on in the HR21-100 (audio behind video). Connected via TOSLINK optical. If I turn DD off (and am therefore sending PCM), I have no sync issues. If the program is broadcasting PCM instead of DD (with DD still turned on), I have no issues.

Best guess as to what is happening:

When I tune to a channel broadcasting DD, it is initially in sync. The first time I press pause, the DD indicator light on my receiver turns off. When I resume, the light comes back on, and the audio is in sync. The second (and third, and fourth, etc..) time I press the pause button, the DD indicator light on my receiver stays on, and when I resume, the audio will be out of sync.

This is different behavior than my HR20-700 where the indicator light goes out every time pause is pressed.

This happens identically in the live buffer or when watching a recording. When in the buffer, changing the channel, and changing back will sync the audio up until the second pause/resume. When watching a recording, EXIT>Resume will sync it back up.

Using the jumpback button exhibits the same behavior as pause/resume. The first jumpback on a "fresh" channel results in the DD indicator light going out and the audio coming back in sync. The second and any subsequent jumpbacks result in the indicator light staying on, and the audio coming back out of sync.

This issue is 100% repeatable for me on any channel broadcasting Dolby Digital with DD turned on.

Also, it takes much longer (2-3 seconds) for the audio to return upon resume than it does on my HR20 (which takes <1 second every time).

HR21-100 setup here.

10. Feb 2, 2008 #10 of 104
    waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    Have had to do RBR twice today for no response to remote or frount panel buttons.

11. Feb 2, 2008 #11 of 104
    Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Using 'channel down' button to scroll by page through guide is very slow...

If I hit channel down, it will highlight the show at the bottom, and sit there for about 2.5 seconds before it scrolls to the next page...

12. Feb 2, 2008 #12 of 104
    waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    Do we know how many of us with the HR21-100 didnt get the update last night?
    Also could a mod make this the issues/Discussion thread.

13. Feb 2, 2008 #13 of 104
    Pinion413

Pinion413 Icon

Oct 20, 2007
    It's in the stream now. I'm downloading as I write this.

14. Feb 2, 2008 #14 of 104
    bnglbill

bnglbill Icon

Nov 29, 2006
    Same here...

15. Feb 2, 2008 #15 of 104
    Pinion413

Pinion413 Icon

Oct 20, 2007
    Updated to 0x1f8 according to the system info. :D

I really like the GUI updates so far. Left button back is key. That's going to make life easier.

Any issues I'll post later. It's getting past my bedtime. :grin:

16. Feb 3, 2008 #16 of 104
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Issue...
    Watching live tv. Press pause. Came back after few minutes. Pressed ffwd1. When unit caught up to live, the picture froze like it ws in pause mode again. hit play, resumed, but had to catch up again. Kept happening until I hit ffwd3. Was watching MPEG-4 station.

17. Feb 3, 2008 #17 of 104
    Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Paging through guide is painfully slow.

I broke out a chronograph/stopwatch (I collect and restore Seikos) and it is variable. Anywhere from ≈1 second to as much as 2.5 seconds.

Paging through the ToDo list is very responsive. It seems to be just the guide.

Further it seems faster on SD channels then HD channels. I don't see any difference between MEPG2 & MPEG4.

It is slower when the guide first comes up. If I wait a few seconds and then start paging it is pretty consistant at ≈1.5 seconds.

Keep in mind that the times are subject to my reaction times. However, it is very slow.

Mike

18. Feb 3, 2008 #18 of 104
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    That's even the case with the HR20's right now...

I suspect they've heard this loud and clear and will address things soon.

In any case - congrats to the -100 team for getting ramped up to the rest of us HR21'ers.

19. Feb 3, 2008 #19 of 104
    waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    Just tryed remote booking and my HR21-100 did not show up as a selection only my HR20 shows. Has anyone else tryed yet. Dod came right up and works .The autorecord is working now on the one i setup. Guide is slow as others have noted.

20. Feb 3, 2008 #20 of 104
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Remote Scheduling is not activated for ANY HR21 unit (yet)...