1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR21-100 & HR21-700 Whole Home Freezing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tomcat5678, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Tomcat5678

Tomcat5678 New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hello DBSTalk forum members. Long time lurker and beta tester. Never had an issue I couldn't find a resolution for on this forum until now.

Devices:
    HR21-100 0x5D2
    HR21-700 0x5D2

Issue:

When I watch a show via whole-home the box I am watching the show on will freeze. It will never recover and it requires a red button push. The device that was the source of the recording is still functioning, no issues. Just the box that is watching the show via the network connection freezes.

The condition is the exact same no matter which box is the viewer and which box is the source.

How the network is setup there is 3 switches between the boxes and I have removed those from the loop by running a single CAT5 cable up the stairs to the bedroom receiver and just left one hub between them. In that setup I have also swapped out different switches to check that possible solution off the list.

I have also run hard drive analyses scans on both boxes with no issues found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I really don't have anything, "other than" networking issues aren't handled well at all by the receivers. When "something" doesn't reply, the whole thing comes to a stop and never times out.
    Moving to DECA, long ago, has stopped this from happening here.