HR21-200 Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sswheeler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. sswheeler

sswheeler Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    Howdy Ya'll
    Need some help please. Usually I can figure things out on my own, but this is really getting me and I can't figure out an explanation. My SAT2 signals are very low compared to SAT1 and my other DVR's. I removed the BBC and the signals came back up. I have 2 other new BBC's and I tried using them, but my signals dropped down. Can someone please help? Also, since this is mt SAT2 side, if I were to change to SWM, would this fix my issue also? But I would like to find an explanation first. My setup runs like this:
    AT9 to WB64 to HR21. That was just incase people were looking for the info.
    Thanks

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    You meant WB68, right?
    I'm not sure why the BBCs are giving you problems. Since #1 is working, by the way what are your levels?, I'd try a "known working [well] BBC from #1 on #2 just for "grins".
    A SWM doesn't use BBCs, so that is one way to "solve" it.
    My -200 has been on SWM from day one, so I can't go play with it to see what it would do.

3. sswheeler

sswheeler Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    Yes, I did mean WB68. My levels on SAT1 are mid to high 90's. Same on all SATS even HD. Now, when I get to SAT2, my levels are the same on all except for 101. They range from 40's and up and of course some of the spot beams are at 0. Sometimes when I look at the signals, I get a lot of 0's on the odd transponders, but like I said above, 99, 103, 110 and 119 are all great. I don't know if some odd reason the last software upgrade screwed it up or if it is hardware. I have swapped to a known good BBC and I get the same result. I guess I will just change to SWM. Seems to be a lot easier to deal with and I mean cable wise.
    Thanks

4. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Just on a lark, have you checked the tightness of the connection at the WB68? Could something have loosened that's causing this problem?

5. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I have seen this before. Yes SWM will fix it.