1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR21-700 not getting tuner 2 signal

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by laramr, Feb 2, 2013.

1. laramr

laramr Mentor

Oct 20, 2005
    Was listening to music this morning and it just dropped dead. Upstairs receiver working fine. Tuner one signal strenths all strong. Tuner 2 strengths zero. Service call set for tomorrow, but if I DIY a repair I'd rather go that way. Bad receiver? It is a rebuild installed about 2-3 months ago. Suggestions?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Have you tried resetting your HR21?

Do you have two SAT cables connected to your HR21 or just one (SWM)? If two, try swapping the two coax cables, both with and without swapping the attached B-Band Converters. Let us know what you find.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, get a new HR from the installer. If it works, he doesn't have to go up on the roof.

Rich

4. laramr

laramr Mentor

Oct 20, 2005
    I had it narrowed down to the receiver when the tech showed up. He swapped out the HR21 for a refurbed HR24-100. In and out in less than 30 minutes. :up: Are there any issues with that model I need to be aware of?

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Unbelievably, no. I have 3 of them, 1 owned and two with eSATAs on them and they work well. Really well.

Rich