HR23-700 {CE:16:01} 0x0292 - Issues Only (PRIVATE FIELD TEST)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by Stuart Sweet, Oct 22, 2008.

Did you download this release? If so, when?

1. Forced / Window #1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Forced / Window #2

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  3. Automatic / Other

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Did not download

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Do not own / does not apply

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Systems in this PRIVATE FIELD TEST
    HR23-700

Window of opportunity to download:
    Friday, October 24, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Be sure to monitor the threads and The DBSTalk Chat Room to check on final availability.

For full release notes, see this thread for HR2x and R22.

2. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    3rd week in a row it took 3 tries to get the HR23 to search for software.

My HR20-700 searches on first try every time.

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    After the download when it rebooted and the self check screen came up, everything had a pink tint to it. It remained when it went to the Step 1 of 2 splash screen.

A power cycle of the TV cleared up the problem.

Question do we need to rerun IAMANEDGECUTTER?

Mike

4. TheMoose

TheMoose Icon

Jan 20, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Download went normally as far as I could tell, the guide is extremely slow!

One more thing,

GO PACKERS!!

5. MercurialIN

MercurialIN Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    Diagnostic Report: 20081025-2B2E

Still unable to access sub menus under "Music" via WMP. Attempts to do so result in the unable to access media error message.

Also attempts to play my .wav files results in the unable to access "file name" error. These same wav files played four CE's ago. No changes were made at this end.

Also with WMP, attempts to open Photos folder results in the unable to access media error, I then have to exit Media Share and try again a couple of times before the Photos folder will finally open to sub menu's.

Also, when signing into Game Lounge after download, the screen went black except for the sign in box which remained normal in appearance. I was still able to sign into my profile as usual and the screen regained the normal Game Lounge background once the main page loaded fully.

6. JamesTPDI

JamesTPDI Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    Gave up trying to download at 11:15PM EDT. No software found. Went to 100 on the count up looking for code.

7. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    The guide is very slow to come up. Scrolling is also very slow.

For example if I hit the CH Down button it will either hesitate or will go to the bottom entry but hesitate scrolling to the next page

Further I was in the list and pressed the Red button to delete a folder of news episodes. When the popup came asking to delete I pressed select.

I didn't see the power light flicker so I hit select again and again no light flicker.

I took careful aim and hit it again and still no light flicker. However, it actually responded and then it apparently did receive the previous button presses because a folder opened and it went to the info screen of the first episode in that folder.

It seems it stacked the button presses and then executed them.

Mike

8. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    Confirm slow and confirm the blue light not flickering in response but the command executes anyway.

9. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Report ID #: 2008 1025-1F25

Issue 1: Audio Stuttering on HD MPEG 4 Stations
    What Happens: Stuttering occurs on all HD MPEG 4 stations (I have tuned to)
    and last about 2 seconds. No pattern to stutter; all on live TV.

Issue 2: Audio Stuttering Followed by Black Screen and Loss of Audio on FXHD.
    Resolution: Changing channels and returning to to FX HD returned picture and audio.

Issue 3: GUI Is Extremely Slow

Issue 4: PQ Is Still Slightly Grainy and "Snowy" in Low Light Scenes.

10. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Issue: GUI Hanging on Please wait....

What Happened: After hitting "More Info" on Guide Channel 501HD and then hitting "Episodes" at 1:07 PM; "Please wait" hung for over 6 minutes before returning showings.

Same thing happened when hitting "Showings" on HBOW HD @ 1:22 PM. It took over 6 minutes to return additional showings.

Also, when performing "Recent Searches", searching on actress name hung until I cancelled. Other "Recent Searches" did return in a few seconds.

The search tool seems to have slowed drastically and gets hung frequently.

I could not send a report due to 1hr time limit.

11. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    Network Services Issue REPORT: 20081025-1189

I had to go into Network Services and restart it/test the connection. All of the manual settings were still in the system. I found out it wasn't working when I tried to D/L a VOD program.

I got a successful message but my "Daily Fortune" is no longer there. Do I need IAMANEDGECUTTER again?

NOTES:
    Guide is slow to respond, quicker on an SD channel as usual. I figure things will be a bit slower because of the release "fragility" :)
    Most commands are slow to respond actually, movement thru menus takes patience.
    It took almost 3 minutes for my VOD to start D/L-ing after I re-enabled network services. Also with VOD. It got to about 4% and stopped D/L-ing. It used to just D/L until finished. I'm not sure if it checks for network activity an throttles down but if it does, I'd like to be able to turn that off.
    My blue light does flicker when remote command is pushed.

Thanks Larry! :)

12. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Daily Fortune and Widgets are not working on this release.

13. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    Internet Failure Report: 20081025-24AA

I got an "Internet Failure" message. As I said, the VOD program began a download but stopped. The message appeard and I went through a test. It began downloading once again. I'll report next time it stops D/L, I don't want to stop it! :D

14. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Just a note...

for the first time in several weeks I did not have to swap the network line into an unused port after download. This was also the first time in a while I did the update via slingbox. I don't know if the two are related.

15. Milkman

Milkman Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    I woke up this morning, and turned on my receiver (brought it out of standby), and had a BLACK screen. I didn't want to switch the channel or anything in case it was something wrong with the code. I just pressed INFO to see what was up. All I saw was a pretty much BLANK info window (pictured below).

I pressed Channel down one time, and it brought me to channel 9981, with a completely filled in INFO box, but nothing else. I entered channel 206, and it brought me to ESPN, and started playing perfect.

Report # 20081026-219D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. reweiss

reweiss Godfather

Jan 27, 2007
    Atlanta
    I updated my HR20-700 last night while I was watching TV on my HR23-700. After my HR20 updated, I kept getting 771 messages on the local channels on both my HR20-700 and HR23-700. I tried flipping between different HR movie channels. They came in find, but I couldn't get any of my locals back.

Finally, I just decided to reboot my HR20 and reboot/update my HR23-700 to the latest CE. My channels came back.

I am still suspicious that when there seems to be some voltage irregularities in the cables that run to any of the HR2Xs, the 771 message inconsistantly stays around until the HR2x's are either rebooted.

17. Milkman

Milkman Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Watching Everybody loves Raymond. Got to the end of the show and started using 30 second SKIP to get to the KOD screen. Never got there, and instead it started playing from the beginning. I then FF all the way to the end, and it then brought me the KOD screen.

Can't send report because I just sent previous report.

18. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Approached this CE with caution, thanks to Doug Brott's warnings, and did only my HR20-700 on Friday night. Extensive testing on Saturday morning gave no indications of any difficulties whatsoever. So on Saturday night I did the HR23-700.

I have been torturing my HR23 this morning, and everything appears normal with 2 exceptions.

1. Sluggishness: not exactly slow but definitively slower than my HR20-700. Particularly evident in Guide and List. I turned off animations and it improved some, but not significantly. This sluggishness is also dramatically displaying itself in VOD channels, they are downright slow to display.
    2. Ongoing Networking Issues. I am able to connect to the internet but it doesn't seem to be able to maintain that connection. VOD Downloads will start and then interrupt. Network Services is non functional, with a different error code every time I try to deal with it. Curiously, I used media share this morning to access music on my computer and listened to 2 uninterrupted hours. This would seem to indicate a solid network connection and a problem getting past the router. I have tried both upnp and manual configurations. I plan to work on this issue today and will report back later.

*** As a footnote to this it should be noted that the HR20-700 is having NO problems accessing the internet and downloading from VOD.

Edit.. It appears I have fixed my problem with Network Services. I did two things that seem to work, I changed the port numbers to tow different numbers than the defaults that appeared in Manual Network services. I hard coded all of the IP information to the HR23, IP, Subnet, Def Gateway and DNS. I will advise if this status changes.

Edit 1... The fix lasted about 45 minutes and then failed. I can't seem to restore it. Back to the Network drawing board

19. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Doug.. you asked in the threads for information regarding search behavior on the 0x0292 release and I posted a response for the HR21-700, which of course is actually the HR23-700. I will repeat the post here...

1:43P Easter Sunday 26 Oct

HR21-700* (HR23-700)

Did a search for episodes (showings) of the movie "The Heartbreak Kid". Search had gone on for more than 5 minutes. Unit was unresponsive to any remote command except to power off. Then it didn't respond to power on. In the time it took to type this information the box spontaneously powered up.

I have repeated the search by title for the same movie, selected it for channel 501 to see the showings... Time for start of this search 1:49P Eastern. I will let the search engine run for 5 minutes... Search completed at 1:52 displaying 5 results but the results are showing for CH 501, 503, 504, 70.. I thought it would only give me the results for 501. Search took a little over 3 minutes. Seems like a long time for the search, but no lockup this time and maybe I didn't wait long enough the last time.

Is this search time normal? Seems excessive.

20. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    I am watching the race on our local ABC (6-1 mpeg4) and using 30skip thru commercials - I am watching it appox 30 minutes delayed. When it finishes the skip - it takes 3-4 secs to re-acquire the video. I also noted when sending the log - the 'cylon' progress bar was not smooth - it was stopping between increments for 1-3 secs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.