Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by Doug Brott, Jul 30, 2008.
Take a look, the document has been updated. I'm not sure if the exterior photos are the actual ones I'm going to use, but otherwise, this is very close to the final form.
HR23-700 First Look
It looks great.
IMHO, it's the best on yet.
If so, it's all thanks to you guys. They are your words, I just wrapped them in a pretty package.
BEAUTIFUL JOB GUYS!!!
Looks great, I like it!
1) Are you sure that the comments on "better picture and sound" scattered throughout the document are justified on the newest "production" model?
I was one of the first to suggest the louder sound and better picture quality on the "pre-production" model. But as I (and others) have posted, I don't believe the "production" model (or maybe the software released for the production model to date) have had the same "louder sound" (which I think is good since it matches the level of my other unit) and does not have the same "sharp/enhanced" picture quality (not so happy about).
I figured we would see a software version that might bring us back to the "pre-production" unit quality of video. Since it appears we are finalizing a document and we have had the "production" unit for a while without a revision in picture quality, IMO I would have reservations about these comments.
It just seems to me that people might read this and go out and buy a HR23 to get better sound and video and end up disappointed. I totally agree with the statements based on the "pre-production" model, but I don't agree with the statements based on the "production" model and/or software we have seen for it.
2) Should DVR be cap'd on the first page since it is an abbreviation?
3) It might be good to add that the HR23 is "up-to-date" with all the other HR2x series DVR's, on the same CE software revisions (a recent addition to the features).
4) IMO - Graphics and Layout is AWESOME. Much better than previous versions. Excellent work!
5) IMO the rest of the coverage is EXCELLENT! I am glad you mentioned the styling, how solid the unit has been (I used it as primary unit right out of the box), and the cooler temperatures. GREAT WORK!
I agree with cbaker that it might be a good idea to revise that part of the write up.
I believe it's an acronym and should be in cap's.
I agree we should probably should say something about the firmware.
Anyone else have any ideas?
You guys did a wonderful job. Looks great.
I too agree that "better sound and picture" should be removed. It's hard to separate perception from reality but I too think the picture and sound quality is on par with my HR20-700 but nothing more.