HR23 Trials News - subscribe to this thread!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by Doug Brott, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Welcome to the Field Trials....

These are the general rules that pertain to all field trials:

1. Please do not speak or write about the HR23 outside of this particular forum.
    2. Communication between DIRECTV and you all will be done through this forum. If you need to contact a CSR for any reason, please contact a DIRECTV moderator for clarification before doing so. At any rate, please do not say anything to a CSR about the HR23.
    3. The HR23 is provided for testing purposes. That means DIRECTV can send software updates for any reason, at any time, or request the HR23 back for any reason, at any time.
    4. You're invited to participate in writing the DBSTalk.com "First Look" for this field trial, or even write your own. However, we ask that we have the opportunity to review anything you write, both for accuracy and confidentiality, and we ask that you wait until the field trial is over to publish.

These terms remain in force even after the general public has started receiving the HR23 until you are specifically told that the field trial is over.

If you are have questions about any of the above rules... contact a DIRECTV moderator (Michael D'Angelo, Doug Brott, Tom Robertson or Stuart Sweet).

Enjoy!

2. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    This thread will be used to send you "official" news about the trials.
    So subscribe to it, if you want to get notifications about software updates and other news items about the trials.

-) No one is to open their systems for any reason. When I get my demo unit, I will open mine and take the photos for you, so you can see what it looks like in side. No unit will be replaced if it is damaged from opening, and you will be removed from the trials and future considerations.... so please... do not open them.

-) The $4.99 mirroring/lease fee is correct. These are full production machines and will have minimal issues with them. You will be able to continue to keep and use the systems beyond the trials (which are expected to last a short period of time).

If you do not want to continue with the trial, because of the fee... let me know. I will have DirecTV remove the unit from your account.. and send you a return shipment slip.

If you need to shutdown another unit, you can contact the CSR tier to have them turn off any other of your equipment... if they ask about the HR23, just let them know it is a system that you received from DirecTV and they should not do anything with it.

If your unit is leased that you are shutting down... at this time... I can not guarantee that they will not send a recovery package for the unit. I don't expect them to, but it is possible.

If you are concerned that the HR23 will not perform well... please don't be...
    in short order, the units will be pretty solid.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    HR23-700 testers, please download tonight's CE for HR21-700.

Unless you hear otherwise on a week-by-week basis, every CE from now on for HR21-700 is also a CE for HR23-700.

4. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
  5. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Folks, I'll be shutting this forum down on Wednesday or possible Thursday of this week. It's time to get your last words in :) .. Again, thank you for a very successful trial. I fully expect the HR23-700 to be an absolute hit with customers, installers and CSRs.

Cheers.

6. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Forum is set to Read-Only now .. It will be removed from the list later today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.