HR24-100 0x3E2 Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by Steve, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I just reported my first major issue with the HR24-100 since we got them, back in March or April.

Last night, the TDL only had 8 episodes of my wife's View scheduled to record, in spite of 17 other SL's and GUIDE data out to 7/9, so I did a double-reboot to flush the GUIDE cache and went to bed.

Woke up this morning to a dead machine. No remote or front panel response. I had to unplug it from the wall to get it to reboot, which it did.

When it came back up, the TDL had 38 items in it, and it did record a show after I went to sleep, so it was functioning normally at some point overnight before it froze. Why it froze? I have no idea.

2. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    woke up to find mine frozen too and it did not receive a push.
    cannot get 02468 to work on it at all.
    junk.

3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Very strange....no such symptoms here at all.

Used it for almost 6 hours yesterday alone.

Curious - for both of you - when you run the System Test - does it pass?

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    So my freeze-up probably had nothing to do with my TDL issue.

I noticed Titan_53 had a similar issue on his 24-200 the night before last.

5. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    system tests pass fine, they always have too.
    its a pos box and I am done with it.
    tired of pressing the red button every 20 minutes on the damn thing, getting pissed now.

6. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    It sure sounds like you have a bad one...

I simply do not see those symptoms here at all....in fact...it has been amazingly stable since almost the beginning. Steve's symptoms are different, so the system test result will also be interesting.

But it's very good that you guys are reporting those issues....

Perhaps Doug can broker a solution? He's a master at that - I went through it with an HR21-700 in my field test - and got a replacement unit (bad tuner 2 - never got any readings in weeks of CE updates) thanks to his efforts.

Of course...it was an HR21-200...which meant I had to start over in a new test group... :lol: ...but that unit still works well and I've always appreciated his help getting past the problem.

7. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    If you haven't already tried it, now's when I'd try a "reset everything". It will clear out any possibly corrupted tables or indices and start you off with a "clean" machine based on whatever s/w is on there now.

Ya, you'll lose your recordings and SL's, but you're gonna lose those anyway if you ultimately have to replace the box.

8. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    been there and done that, no sl here as it fails so often I did not set any up.

9. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Hmmmm...

"Reset everything" looks like you're only remaining hope prior to asking Doug to help.

Steve - does your sys test pass? I'm thinking it would.

10. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    It does. Also ran it yesterday AM to check the prior night's CE d/l and last night after the double-restart to flush the GUIDE.

Last time we had something like this it was an issue with the GUIDE data, but it affected almost everyone. So far, I've only seen 3 reports of boxes that won't come out of standby with this CE, and one is a -200, so I'm not sure what caused this.

11. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Thanks for your update Steve.

Not sure about the "coming out of standby" issue either...although a while back with another model....when folks did a second reboot (flushed the guide), yes....the problem went away. Can't explain it either.

12. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    So far so good for me. Even autocorrection on all HR's are back working.

13. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I will be home tomorrow to give an update.

14. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Been there, done that... twice in the last two days, by the way! :rolleyes:

However, RBR always works for me...

~Alan

15. seern

seern Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    Mine has been working just fine since Friday night, or early Saturday morning as it were. As I pointed out in another post, I have even gotten media share set up now and it is connecting just fine for pictures, video and music files. Also mrv is working from my HR22 to the 24 and from the 24 to the H24-200. So far none of the recording failures I noted after last weeks push. I recorded the PGA yesterday and today and they played back fine, including tp.

16. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    A full weekend of scheduling, recording, playbacks, testing of all setup/menu functions...nary a problem.

Playback seems to be as solid as ever..with the exception of a slight lag on pause-then-play stops in a long program...nothing perhaps noticable to most. I just track some of that on a notepad for comparison. It seems that there are still slight extra delays using playback as a client that I don't see using it as a server...again...nothing major (1 extra second or so).

I'd rate this CE a 9 out of 10.

17. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    I feel for those having issues with the HR24-100...mine has been completely stable since the beginning. I have already started putting a regular workload of SL's on it to lessen the load on my oldest DVR (HR20-700). I now have more SL's on the HR24 than on anything else...it has just flat out worked.

Latest software D/L went fine (pulled). No issues to report, at all...

18. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Mine too, until this week-end. I noticed my inability to power up yesterday happened to Alan twice already since the new CE. Mine powered-up fine this morning, tho. Fingers-crossed.

19. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Just to add, the last 2 CE's have taken my unusable HR24-100 and made it my workhorse. I haven't had any issues with it since those two CEs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.