HR24-100/H24-700 {CE:01:09} 0x03E0 - Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by mikhu, May 28, 2010.

1. mikhu

mikhu Beer Aficionado

Oct 10, 2006
    In the issues thread WERA said:

I had that same problem two CE's ago, but last week's push brought it back for me before I had a chance to diagnose the problem. Not sure what's going on there.

2. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    No problems with my AM21 here...

I still have HDMI issues though, but possibly not as severe as the unit hasn't locked up yet... a sympton usually found shortly after the loss of audio.

~Alan

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    How did you get audio back?

4. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    I haven't yet... though as I'm sure you're aware, a RESTART is the only way to get it back...

Right now, I'm trying to crash the thing! :D

I figure that if I can't get it to, DirecTV will know whatever they're doing is working. If I can, well, they need to know that too.

Either way, I consider it a good sign that it hasn't locked up yet! :)

~Alan

5. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    I spoke too soon... I changed inputs on my AVR to where I have component hooked up, and then switched the channel. LOCKED IT UP GOOD!

~Alan

6. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    :lol::(:lol:

7. cheesedjdj

cheesedjdj Legend

Jan 20, 2010
    Well still no TVApps fpr me :(

8. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I don't think we H24-700 users who have a "0" RID on DirecTV.com are going to see TVApps until that gets resolved.

9. cheesedjdj

cheesedjdj Legend

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah thats what i've been thinking

10. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Locked mine up tight too. It rebooted itself after a minute or two. Seem nothing has been fixed regarding this issue.

11. Sparky Scott

Sparky Scott Godfather

Dec 7, 2008
    My H24-700 had and has a hard time connecting to network. System checks out ok, but no tv apps, per normal, but it fails other network tests..
    It's so confused.. I'll try to calm her done for a bit. I DID send a report finally, however.
    All is not lost.

12. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I noticed something on the H24.

Stupid local fox here can't seem to figure out how they want to broadcast and I often have to change the format with the format button on the remote.

In the menu, I turned off all the other resolutions except 1080i so I don't have to wade through all of them. When I use the format remote button, I only get the 4 different screen options, all 1080i.

I noticed if I push the res button on the receiver, I still have access to all for resolutions and their formats.

Is this normal? Some kind of a way to get things back if you select a resolution for something a TV can't handle?

13. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Wow! Another push already? Outta town this weekend, so I'll hafta to see if anything changed when I get back on Monday afternoon.

- Merg

14. seern

seern Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    So far 3e0 has worked without a problem on my HR24-100. As noted in past releases, I do not have any of the tp issues that have plagued others. I will not be able to test mrv until 6/7/10 when I am supposed to have SWiM/DECA installed and have it turned on. Since it never really worked well with the wireless I never pushed the issue once the beta was stopped.

Off to Chicago for a week, so will be unavailable to do any testing until after 6/5/10. Hope we get a further push this coming week and there is a box waiting for me when I get back.

15. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Having returned from my Vegas extravaganza trip...I got to test this new push on the HR24-100 most of the day today.

- MRV as server and client worked pretty much flawlessly.

- Noticed some inconsistency in the channel change speed - not really anything of a critical nature - just not always the same kind of peppy performance every time.

- Remote keypad entry is very snappy and responsive.

- Signal levels remain in the mid to upper 90's (100 on a number of transponders as well).

- Network (SWiM/DECA) performance solid as ever.

I like the new "posters" for the shows - adds some graphical pizazz.

So far, after about 7 hours working with the unit....looks pretty stable here.

16. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I noticed this, too.

17. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    ????????

~Alan

18. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Gotcha. :D

19. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I am impressed with the HR24-100 as a server and a recording device but as a client it is terrible. Scrolling through the giude/list and other menu's is unbelievable compared to my other receivers.

I need to be able to test this machine for more than an hour at a time without having to do a restart. It seems to be at about 50 minutes into a recorded program when the freeze happens, sometimes I can switch to component/rca to finish and others I have to restart. I can't wait for this bug to be fixed so I can use it long enough to find other issues. (If there are any.)

20. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Hmmmm...wondering if something else is going on there...as I used the HR24-100 today as a client for over 3 hours today (3 one-hour programs) at my location without any freezes whatsoever, and smooth playback.

Also used as a server for about 3 hours with equal smooth performance with this latest CE that was pushed (while I was gone on vacation).

Just one idea - try to reset your router to clear all MRV traffic, and see if the problem goes away.