HR24-100 with H23-600 help needed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Joatmony2k, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Joatmony2k

Joatmony2k New Member

Jan 9, 2021
    Sorry but I have been out of this loop for a long time. I have a non SWM setup now with a H23-600 receiver and I want to add a HR24-100 with it that is a SWM. My question is I have a SWM dish I can install but will the H23-600 work with it?

If any one can help me I would appreciate it. TIA

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    a HR24 will work in a NON swm setting -However you will need to add BBC's to each of the HR24 Sat inputs in order to receive the HD channels

3. Joatmony2k

Joatmony2k New Member

Jan 9, 2021
    OK but if I use the non SWM setup I will need two wires to the HR24 to record and two BBC's but if I do the SWM setup I will only need one wire to the HR24?

Thanks

4. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    That is correct, or you could set the HR24 to a single tuner only needing one cable and BBC on a non-SWM setup.

5. Joatmony2k

Joatmony2k New Member

Jan 9, 2021
    Ok thanks for the reply but like I said it has been a long time for me. I use to do it all back in the day of the cards. So I just got a SWM dish im going to put up in place of the old dish. Does any one have a wire diagram and what all I need to make these two receivers work?

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Note: if you plan on using whole home -(view) recording using the H23-You will need to add a DECA-MOCO adapter to the H23 --Also NO bbc's needed in SWM --also you should you plan on connecting the HR24 to the Internet -- and use whole home -- you also need to add a CCK --DO not plug a Lan cable into the HR-24 --if using Whole home as it disables the internal DECA .

one down lead from the LNB --to the top of the SMW splitter --PI-29 Power supply to Port one of the SWM splitter. --Connect the Single rg6's port 2 & 3 --Cap and used Smw ports --

7. Joatmony2k

Joatmony2k New Member

Jan 9, 2021
    OK I think I have it now. I'm not doing a whole home just the HR24 in the living room and H23 in the bed room. So I will install the new dish and LNB next. I know back in the day they use to send out a nice wire diagram to go by.

Thanks a lot

8. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You probably don't need a new dish. My guess is that you just need a SWiM LNB, a DIRECTV SWiM splitter and a power inserter.

Of course to acquire and activate an additional receivers, you're going to have to go through AT&T and they'll demand to do the installation for you.

9. Joatmony2k

Joatmony2k New Member

Jan 9, 2021
    Thanks that is what i'm going to do is change out the LNB. They sent me the receiver so I guess as soon as I get signal they will activate it we will see

WestDC likes this.