1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-200 connecting to the internet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by stuntmanjames, Sep 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. stuntmanjames

stuntmanjames New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I hate sounding like a complete idiot and I consider myself quite knowledgeable, but I am having some major issues connecting my hr24-200 to my wndr3700 netgear router and I need help.

I have my HR24-200 in my living room. I have the swim going to the deca broadband adapter and ethernet connected to the tii turbo 85 to make it wireless. I can take programs on the dvr and play it on the hd receiver in my bedroom.

in my office is the wndr3700 netgear router. I have the other tii turbo 85 connected to my router.

Everything in my home connects to the internet. I run the setup and the hr24-200 says its connected, but when I run the system test, it comes up saying it cannot find the internet. Any help would be appreciated

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    :welcome_s

I think you have your WNDR3700 connected to a DECA broadband adapter.
    And I think you have your HR24 with something connected to the ethernet input?

If those statements are correct, unplug any ethernet connection from your HR24 and reboot it.

HR24's have a built in DECA and you can't have DECA running and the ethernet running together.

Good luck and post back if my reading is incorrect or it doesn't work. A drawing will be most helpful.