1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-200 Locks up a lot

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by n3ntj, Feb 15, 2012.

1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have the latest national release on my HR24-200 but I routinely have mine lock up almost everynight. I'll be looking at the Guide or Playlist or some other screen and I'll hit the Exit button on the report, for example, and the light on the front panel of the IRD will blink once but the Guide (or whatever else is on the screen) just stays there. I'll hit Exit again on the remote a few more times and the front panel LED no longer blinks. Last night, I had to wait 2 minutes for the Playlist to go away after I hit Exit on the remote.

I notice similar long delays in IRD response with my HR22-100 and my RF remote.

Anyone else having these sorts of hang-up issues with their HR-2x units?

2. joej

joej Cool Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Yes, mine is really slow as well. Play list, guide, and just trying to select things from the menu. Also changing channels at times can take 30 seconds or better before video is displayed.

It's almost unusable.

Once you get something to play the FF, RW and such work o.k.

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Try disconnecting the ethernet from the receiver and see if that solves your problem. If you have lots of ethernet traffic and the HR is polling playlists, it could cause severe lags.

4. SPG900NY

SPG900NY AllStar

Aug 13, 2010
    I have the same issue with my HR-24. I'll press a button on the remote and the box will go unresponsive for about two minutes. I can't do anything. The box will play whatever it's playing or record whatever it's recording, but I can't FF or REW or do anything for about two to three minutes. Doesn't have anything to do with the playlist in my case.

The box doesn't blink in response to the remote during this time either.

Happens a few times a day. Extremely annoying. I hope they fix it soon.

5. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    I have the same problem with my HR24 and RF remote. I found pressing Exit will get the receiver's attention.

In my case, I think the wireless router, wireless bridge, Nook Tablet, wireless phones, and iPhone are causing interference. Don't hold your breath for D* to fix anytime soon. Have a great day!

6. joej

joej Cool Member

Sep 29, 2006
    I'm happy to take it out of the network if that will speed it back up. I'm not sure what you mean when talking about playlist's.

pretty much the only reason it is on the network is so I can do the on-demand which I hardly ever do. And I was using Pandora but I liked it so much I got a Squeezebox.

7. joej

joej Cool Member

Sep 29, 2006
    I took the DVR out of the network and that has helped some, but there are still times it doesn't respond very well. But at least it is usable. A poor work around, not a solution.

8. jcr159

jcr159 Mentor

Feb 15, 2010
    I'm having similar issues on 1 of my HR24-100's... I only have 2 boxes in my setup, both HR24-100's. Both are using IR for their remotes, and my slowness/lag on the bad box is typically 5-30 seconds for everything except scrolling the playlist... Both boxes connect to the network through the CCK and DECA which is connected directly to the AT&T residential gateway (basically at the point of entry of the internet).

My other network devices connect directly to the Residential Gateway as well, so there isn't any traffic on the DECA network that isn't related to DirectTv...

My receiver doesn't get better or worse at any time of day, and a menu reset didn't seem to help, even temporarily...

...my 2 cents for what it's worth...

-j