1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-500 partial recordings and slow responses

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dravenstone, Mar 6, 2013.

1. dravenstone

dravenstone Cool Member

Sep 11, 2010
    We have three HR24-500's on MOCA whole home DVR.
    One of them is suffering from some lousy remote responses. I've read a few threads on that, and tried some of the suggestions (multiple reboots to clear guide data, freeing up memory on the HD) Doesn't seem to help.
    One very unnerving symptom is it seems that when the DVR gets bogged down it has a tendency to quit recording whatever it was doing. I've had 3 of 3 wish list recordings of pre season red sox games only get partials. One of them I actually caught and was able to start back up because I just happened to walk past and notice the red recording light which had been on 5 minutes previous and should have stayed on was not on anymore. So I don't think anything was blacked out on NESN or anything.
    I've done some searching and I'm not seeing anything in the forums that makes me feel like I'm going to get an easy solution. Any thoughts on next steps or should I start preparing for having to transition everything to a new box?

thanks for any help or thoughts.
    -ds

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I would call DirecTV and explain your issues and what you have tried to correct them. Your receiver may need replacing.