1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-500 smart search recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Chazon, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Chazon

Chazon Cool Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Mobile, AL
    Ok - so Monday night, my HR24-500 updated to 0x66d, and now my smart search recordings are going crazy!! Everything worked fine until the update.

For example - one of my recordings is:

AANY GLEE BONES GIRL MINDY TTITLE CCHAN 10

Now it is ignoring the CCHAN and recording anything with GIRL in the title - including some very unwanted PPV titles (I deleted the ones that showed in my recording list and I hope I'm not charged. . . )

Any ideas what is going on??

Thanks for any help

2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Chaz, try changing CCHAN to CCHANS.

It used to be CCHAN. Then they changed it to CCHANS, but I believe there was a time when either worked. It's possible now only CCHANS works.

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    CCHAN is now CCHANS for all your boolean searches that use the qualifier

4. Chazon

Chazon Cool Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Mobile, AL
    Thanks - looks like my afternoon is going to be spent updating about 25 boolean search recordings . . .

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I know. Sucks you can't edit them, instead of having to redo them from scratch.

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I had to redo about 80 of them between my 3 DVR's about 8 months ago.

7. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    I hate to be the dummy here, but what does CHANS do for your boolean search anyway?

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    The modifier is CCHANS with two C's at the beginning and its use restricts the search to a channel or range of channels...

Here is an example of a boolean search that records several shows on one channel. Instead of using up 3 SL's of the 50 available on a HR2x model, it uses one only.

AANY AMERICANS JUSTIFIED LEGIT TTITLE CCHANS 248

By using the CCHANS qualifier, it only looks for shows with those 3 keywords in the title on FX only, instead of every channel in the guide. You'd be surprised what it would match without the channel limiter in use.

9. dravenstone

dravenstone Cool Member

Sep 11, 2010
    AH HA! Well this explains why I've had to keep recording all my redsox games manually, I had CCHAN from last year, this year nothing works! Cheers - off to update, I mean, add a new one, because you can't edit. (yes, I'm on a bit of a tirade right now... I can't tell you how badly I miss my tivo's...)