HR24 Connection Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Contra, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Contra

Contra Mentor

Aug 24, 2009
    I recently replaced my router. When I tried to connect my HR24, it only found the 5G network (did not find the 2G I previously used). When I entered the password for the 5G network, it did not take. Called Tech Support, they walked me through it, still nothing. The next day the connection magically appeared! I could access On-Demand with no problem. But then the day after that it was gone and has not come back.

Had a DTV tech come out, he replaced the Cinema Connection Kit, but aside from that, he couldn't figure out what to do to get it working. He said he normally has people use the 2G wherever possible for some reason. He said maybe when the router was set up, some ports had been blocked off and I should get the Cable company out here (they're my internet provider). I had the Cable guy come out, he said there were no ports blocked, everything looked fine with the router, but maybe the DTV tech was just lazy (!)

A fix might be o get a Genie, but I wasn't really planning on spending any more money, my monthly bill is already way too high.

Any thoughts on how to get my HR24 connected? Do you think the tech they sent out was just inexperienced?

I didn't think getting a new router would be such a problem for connecting my TVs. I also didn't think I would miss On-Demand that much, but there are a few things I want to watch...

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    The HR24 -Does NOT have a Wireless network connection -- The only way it can connect is thru the (MOCO-rg6) using the DECA Connection at your Router/Switch -port --Which is connected to your cable modem -- If Everything was working Before you Changed the router - then That's your Issue -If your Modem/Router a Cable co Combination? perhaps it thinks you have no lan and forcing everything wireless --Just a guess as I can not see your system from here.

Please list all your receivers in your D* system

3. Contra

Contra Mentor

Aug 24, 2009
    I acknowledge I am much less technically aware. Yes, the issue arose when I changed routers. So is this something that a D* tech can fix -- or would I need the Cable guy who set up my router to come back?

I have three HR24 boxes, a Cinema Connection Kit attached to one of them.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    What it sounds like is your Cable modem /Router only Supplies wireless --DO you have anything like a pc that connects with a cat5 cable?

5. Contra

Contra Mentor

Aug 24, 2009
    No, everything is wireless....

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    wired-wifi-compare.png