1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24, error 13 when trying to set up On Demand, using broadband deca.. HELP!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by johnnymofo, Nov 4, 2010.

1. johnnymofo

johnnymofo New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    This is my first post on this site so forgive me if this question has been asked a million times already. I'm connecting my internet to an HR24 in an effor to take advantage of the Directv On Demand or Directv Cinema Plus. I'm using a Touchstone Telephony Modem that I got from Comcast, hooked up to a D-Link DES-1105 router. I have my pc and the broadband deca hooked up to the router. The pc works fine, HR 24 will not connect. I've already checked and swapped all the ethernet cabling. The light on the broadband deca is blinking, indicating there's traffic but when i try to connect on my hr24 i get an error 13 and my default gateway and dns are both blank. Directv is clueless and they want me to call the Geek Squad. Can anyone here help?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Which light is blinking? This may not indicate traffic, but instead an RF issue.
    Which light and what color?

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    HR24s don't need the DECA box...it's built in. Remove it. Do you have MRV? If not, then just plug your 24s ethernet from router to 24.

4. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    Unless your modem doubles as a gateway, you still need a router. The D-Link DES-1105 is only a switch.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCkQ8wIwAg#

Is the HR24 the only receiver?