1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 Ethernet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by uclavic, Jun 17, 2010.

1. uclavic

uclavic Cool Member

Sep 7, 2007
    I'm moving to a new place in a couple of weeks and am looking to get a new HR24 and a couple of H24s (to replace my H20s). I have a question regarding networking other devices such as a PS3, AppleTV, and the LCD Television. Assuming that you're connecting the HR24/H24 by DECA is the ethernet jack on the back of those boxes capable of connecting to a switch and passing the network connection to the switch and those other devices?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Nope.
    Since the 24s have internal DECA, when you connect the ethernet port, it disables the internal DECA.

3. uclavic

uclavic Cool Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I guess that means I need to drop ethernet to hook up everything else.

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    That, or maybe split to another DECA and use it to feed them.

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    It isn't recommended to add other, non-DirecTV traffic to the DECA cloud.

6. ciurca

ciurca Godfather

Apr 14, 2009
    Actually, this is the reason I went to DECA for MRV, even though I have ethernet pulled to every low voltage box in my house. I wanted to keep all the MRV traffic from my lan (which consists of 4 computers, 1 xbox, 1 wii, and 1 Ipod touch), and all the lan traffic from my MRV traffic. The only time I have to mix them is for media streaming via Tversity, but that's few and far between.

7. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    My home LAN currently has 1 Mac laptop, 1 Windows netbook, three Windows PCs, 2 XBox's, a PS3, a Wii, 2 iPod Touch's, 2 iPhones, an iPad and 7 Directv receivers. My MRV environment is a mixed ethernet/DECA configuration and it works great, but I do concede that trickplay is more responsive between the DECA-connected boxes than the ethernet-connected boxes. :)