1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 / H24 Remote Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by StangGT909, Jul 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    Hi,

I have a new HR24 connected to a Sony TV and Yamaha AV receiver and a H24 connected to Olevia TV.

With my HR20, I could program the remote to communicate with the Yamaha. Channel up/down controlled DTV and volume up/down controlled the audio, all with the switch on the DTV location. I could slide the switch to AV1 and press the center PWR button and turn the Yamaha on/off or press the "1" or "5" keys and switch between inputs.

On my HR24, I programmed it for the Yamaha and it correctly does the volume up/down however when I slide it to AV1 I cannot get it to turn the power off or switch inputs.

On my H24 with my Olevia TV I have a similar but different issue. If I press the DTV+TV Power button, it turns on the DTV box but NOT the TV. If I slide it to TV and press the center PWR button, the turn turns on.

I've tried different yamaha/olevia model choices and just can't get it to work.

What's wrong? I can't believe the newer equipment took a step backwards but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

2. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    *Bump.

Still haven't figure out my remote issue.... any ideas?