1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 / H24 Remote Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by StangGT909, Jul 15, 2010.

1. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    Hi,

I have a new HR24 connected to a Sony TV and Yamaha AV receiver and a separate H24 connected to Olevia TV.

With my HR20, I could program the remote to communicate with the Yamaha. Channel up/down controlled DTV and volume up/down controlled the audio, all with the switch on the DTV location. I could slide the switch to AV1 and press the center PWR button and turn the Yamaha on/off or press the "1" or "5" keys and switch between inputs.

On my HR24, I programmed it for the Yamaha and it correctly does the volume up/down however when I slide it to AV1 I cannot get it to turn the power off or switch inputs.

On my H24 with my Olevia TV I have a similar but different issue. If I press the DTV+TV Power button, it turns on the DTV box but NOT the TV. If I slide it to TV and press the center PWR button, the turn turns on.

I've tried different yamaha/olevia model choices and just can't get it to work.

What's wrong? I can't believe the newer equipment took a step backwards but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

2. bobwaz

bobwaz New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    I have the same issue with my H24 and Olevia LCD. Have you come up with a fix?

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I've noticed something similar with the HR24 RC65RX remote.

The original RF remote from the HR20 would change the TV input but the new HR24remote using the same TV setting won't change the TV input. A strange and annoying nuance that the newer remotes act differently on the same TV vs the old remote.

4. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Code 960 enables the TV input. The latest remote works identical to older models except for the new 2-way comms.

As for the Olevia, it probably has no discretes, so the OP is out of luck. I have no idea why the yamaha won't work on the new remote. It doesn't make sense.

5. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Yes I know, still no workie on my Sharp TV with that one remote.