HR24 WITH GENIE

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tonyc, Oct 7, 2016.

1. tonyc

tonyc Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Anaheim,CA
    i have a upgrade coming in a couple of week was thing about asking for Hr24s to replace my Minis, so i have more tuners and more storage, they will work with a HR44 whole -home system right?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Yes you can watch anything recorded on either one on the other. :)

3. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    Hi Tony
    I have a Hr24 working with an HR54 and you can watch and record from both.
    SSTV

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I doubt you will get DirecTV to replace the minis with HR24s at no cost. But they will work just fine in your system with the Genie. If you exceed 8 tuners (which you will if you have a Genie and two other DVRs) you may need a different LNB (which the installer will replace if this is the case). You will have three todo lists, three series managers, etc. They don't integrate all in one like the Genie and minis do. You can watch any recording on any box on any other box. The HR24 can only stream to one other device at any given time. The Genie can stream to three other devices at any given time.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    An upgrade from what?

6. tonyc

tonyc Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Anaheim,CA
    i currently have a HR-44 and two C41w's the offer is from my protection plan, every two year i can get an upgrade.

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Your only upgrade right now would be to 4K or swapping a client for a HR24 which would require cables being run if you don't have them already. Frankly unless your system doesn't meet your needs recording wise I'd leave it alone right now there is no real upgrade for you.