HR24 with PlayOn..Netflix not working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Skizza, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Skizza

Skizza Cool Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Hey Guys,

I have PlayOn installed and I'm able to watch content from my library and other feeds (Hulu, youtube), but for some reason Netflix isn't working. I select a movie and it takes me back to the title selection screen. Here's the kicker, when i go to my PC and login to Netflix, it shows that the movie I selected was "watched" for 39 minutes. Any ideas? I reset modem, router, PC, and HR24 but still can't view netflix.

2. lmurphy

lmurphy Legend

Jul 25, 2004
    I am having the same problem. All the other channels ect work, but Netflix seems to rarely work. :confused:

3. Skizza

Skizza Cool Member

Jul 3, 2010
    any ideas??

4. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't know if this will help or not. I don't use Netflix but I have the same problem with HULU. If I select what I want to watch a second time after it kicks back to the selection screen it usually works.

5. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    A second-hand streaming blu-ray player or a game console you may already own is much cheaper than playon and always works. Won't work for hulu though.

6. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    The Roku boxes are very small and work great for Netflix. They also have free Pandora which I play through my AV system. Amazon, MLB and some other channels.