HR24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jameskelly, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jameskelly

jameskelly Mentor

Feb 16, 2008
    I have my new HR24 for one week. Today, the unit began freezing, with no response from the remote. I had to reboot twice. Anyone have the same problem? I hope I do not have a lemon!!!:eek2:

2. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    My HR 24 sometimes freezes on a channel. Change the channel and go back it's OK. I have had times when I turned it on the picture would freeze and there would be no response from the remote or from the front panel buttons for about a minute, then everything is back to normal. Happened a couple of times already. A reboot fixes it for a while. I have just dealt with it. Hopefully someone here might have an idea.

3. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    No freezing issues with me. I've had my HR24 for 10 days now. Knock on wood, it's running tiptop.

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    It should not do those things.

The first thing that came to mind (which could be wrong)...are you running the latest firmware on that unit?

On the setup menu...under Info and test...it should tell you the firmware version - please report back here. Thanks.

5. techdimwit

techdimwit Legend

Sep 23, 2007
    We've had our HR24 for about three weeks. All was well until yesterday. Had freezing problems a couple of times and one reboot that we did not generate - it just happened. Is D* aware of these problems or is this something we should report?

6. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    It's something you should report in the appropriate issues thread.

However, I’ve had an HR24 for months without any freezes or reboots.

Mike

7. goondog71

goondog71 Mentor

Feb 15, 2006
    I got 2 HR24 two weeks ago. This morning, one was stuck on D's blue screen of death, with a hard drive failure. I think it was error code 14-433 or something like that. It would reboot and end back to this screen. I call this morning and a replaces is being sent out. They must know the issue because when I told them the error code, the action they were told to take was to replace it.

8. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Some explaination of diagnostic codes can be found here...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=167420

14-xxx is a hard drive error and you probably should call DirecTV.

Mike

9. john18

john18 Active Member

Nov 21, 2006
    James, just to be certain that this isn't similar to another mistake that occurred, what is the complete model number of your receiver? (ie -HR24-xxx ) You can usually find a tag that gives that number inside the door on the bottom right of the front, where the access card is located.

10. jameskelly

jameskelly Mentor

Feb 16, 2008
    It is HR24/500

11. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    If you're still getting the hard drive error then I would recommend a call to DirecTV.

Mike

12. goondog71

goondog71 Mentor

Feb 15, 2006
    Thanks, I did call D right away and a replacement has been sent out. I will update you when it arrives and if it is another HR24 or somthing else.