1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24s not talking with MRV after 0x457 update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tomc, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Feb 9, 2011 #1 of 11
    tomc

tomc Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I'm using an ethernet connection on both HR-24/500 DVRs. They are both connected to my home network via a gig connection (albeit, connected at 100Mbps, as that is what they support).

MRV has been FLAWLESS up until the update this morning when they were both updated to 0x457.

I use DHCP, being served up from my ASA5505. I've rebooted both, and neither can see each other. They're both on the same subnet, and they both have internet connectivity (they can both access youtube, and internet connectivity tests are successful). They are also both authorized for WHDVR.

I have tried rebooting them both, to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this since updating to 0x457? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

2. Feb 9, 2011 #2 of 11
    bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have been running 0x457 for over 3 weeks (CE) without any MRV problems. Possibly the "universal fix" (rebooting) may help.

3. tomc

tomc Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Bob, Thanks for the suggestion. But read my 2nd to last paragraph :) done and done. No fix. I should add, I did a software reboot once and I pulled the plug to reboot, both twice, being off for a few minutes.

I am on the phone with DirecTV as we speak. They (surprisingly) are escalating a ticket that will hopefully get to the engineers.

But.. if anyone has any other ideas in the mean time, please share :)

4. videoboy77

videoboy77 Cool Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I'm actually having the same issue! Both receivers were restarted and still the older dvr is not seeing the 24. This just started yesterday. Before that all was fine.

5. tomc

tomc Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    videoboy, what version of firmware are you running? are you also running 0x457? Are you also connecting them together via ethernet? or via coax for the network?

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You may wish to try this:

Reboot your router and Switch on your home network-Then Go to each connected receiver and do a System test - what happens?

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You do know you have to reboot the HRs in your MRV system one at a time, right? After each NR, I have to spend at least an hour rebooting each of my HRs in order for all of them to show up.

Rich

8. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Good call!

9. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Don't forget unfortunately, that since you are running the unsupported version of MRV, D* support will not be able to help you. They don't have a problem with people running the networked version of MRV instead of the supported DECA version, but if its not working, you're on your on. OR at least you only work with us.

10. tomc

tomc Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    My network is a little abnormal, in that it's a little overkill for a home, but I did reboot them and no change. All results before and after (and last night) were "all systems ok".

The D* guy on the phone didn't say anything about rebooting one at a time. I rebooted both last night to no avail, several times. I actually tried rebooting one last night and it still didn't work. But after reading your post, just rebooting one seems to have done the trick. D* needs to let their agents know about that.

Thanks for everyone's help, even though some didn't fix it, it was one more thing to check off the list, and thanks Rich for the education on the proper way to reboot them! :)

11. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You're welcome. Naturally, it was VOS who told me about that. It's logical when you think about it. Takes me about an hour to an hour and a half to reboot all my HRs after a download. PITA, but what are you gonna do?

Rich