HR34-700 Deletes recordings before they are over.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Mr. Bungle, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Cool Member

Jun 15, 2007
    I have an HR34-700 software version 0xa05. I've had this happen to me 2 times now, once with Mr. Robot, and now with Celebrity Game Night. I reset the device with the red button after the first time it did this. Please see the video below.

Direct TV Dvr deletes show before it's over. - YouTube

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    What are your signal strengths?

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    This is typically as symptom of satellite signal interruption causing the recording to stop.

4. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    The Mr Robot one is a problem that many people here are having with FX programming. I've started padding all of my FX recordings by 15 minutes to prevent this. There is a thread on this somewhere. Litzdog911 is probably right about the cause of the Celebrity Game Night one.

5. dwlevy

dwlevy Mentor

Sep 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have had this happen multiple times on my HR44. Lately on an episode of "The Strain" a few weeks back and then most recently on Tuesday's (9/22) episode of "The Bastard Executioner". Very annoying.

6. edenkers

edenkers Mentor

Dec 17, 2007
    This has happened a few times in the past on my HR44. If I remember correctly, this occurred with the show "American Horror Story" which airs on FX Network channel 248. At the time, I dismissed it as a glitch, but now it is happening again.

The most recent occurrences have been with Episode 3 & Episode 4 of the "The Bast*rd Executioner" on FX Network channel 248. This show runs for about 1 hour and 10 or 12 minutes. However, at about 1 hour and 5 minutes into the playback I get the message asking me "Would you like to delete this recording?". (This is just like what is happening in the video provided by the original poster.) Doing a rewind without deleting you can see the orange progress bar that there is more time left of the recording.

I even updated my recording options to record for an extra 15 minutes after this happened last week with Episode 3, but that has not helped, because last night while watching Episode 4, again at about 1 hours and 5 minutes into the recording, playback stopped and I was asked, "Would you like to delete this recording?" even though the episode was not over.

What I want is to be able to see the show in it's entirety.

So far, since FX Network airs the same episode back to back and at other times, I have been able to do a manual record and then catch the last 5 or 10 minutes of the episode, however that is very annoying to have to wait to see how an episode ends.

This is very annoying.

7. edenkers

edenkers Mentor

Dec 17, 2007
    So what, my satellite signal gets interrupted every Tuesday night at 10:05 PM central time for the last two weeks in a row?

1 person likes this.