1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 Bizarre Recoding Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kepper, Sep 23, 2012.

1. kepper

kepper Cool Member

Nov 17, 2005
    I have been using DTV for many years and have three DVRs. A couple of months ago my system was upgraded and a HR34 was installed. I have 25+ shows in Series Manager all all are recording properly except for one:

About 6 weeks ago I set up one of the Sunday morning news shows (Fox News Sunday) to record every week using the following settings: the series options are: First Run, Keep all Episodes.

After setting it up, I noticed it did not record and I got the following message when I looked at Series Manager History: "This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or has already been recorded (13)"

I then deleted the show from the Series Manager and re-added it several days later... the next weekend I got the same message after it once again didn't record. After that happened, I again deleted it from the Series Manager but didn't add it back for several weeks, during which time the the HR34 was reset for new software, powered down for moving to a different spot, and reset once because of a green screen.

Yesterday I added the show back in to Series Manager and this morning it didn't record again... with the same message in history: "This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or has already been recorded (13)"

I should mention that the show has been recording properly for several weeks on a networked HR24 using the same settings.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Go in the guide to the next Sunday showing of this program.
    Highlight the show, press the Info button on the remote.
    Does it show the "First Aired" Date ? I do not see it on my screen.
    If no, go into Menu, Recordings, manage Recordings, Manual record and set up the channel, time, etc. etc. and it should record.

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    A "manual record" would work, but I'd just change the SL to "both" for now, since the 34 is probably just not identifying it as a "first run" episode.

Since it's not happening on your 24, this could be due to faulty GUIDE data on the HR34. If you haven't already, I'd report it as an "issue" in the appropriate thread for whatever software release your 34 is running.

4. kepper

kepper Cool Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Thanks... there is no "First Aired" date in the guide... I will report it as an issue.