1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 Canceling Recordings...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by thomamon, Aug 18, 2012.

1. thomamon

thomamon AllStar

Jul 20, 2008
    Well, I tried to post in the thread with the latest software but nobody seems to be answering.

My DVR keeps canceling recordings on me out of nowhere. It is happening on daily recordings(I have it set to record new and repeats, even tho there are never repeats here) and when I check the history it seems to have two different messages so far.

They are:

This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13)

And the other one was something about a guide change, but I don't remember what exactly it was right now.

Anyone seen this before and know what I could do?

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    What program? What time?

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I see these too, but for those that:

1. I have set for first runs only, it's because the show was a re-run.
    2. The guide data doesn't match the SL, due to the provider changing the program. Say "Mythbusters" was to record, but the 34 found River Monsters instead.

4. thomamon

thomamon AllStar

Jul 20, 2008
    This past week was Hollywood Heights, every night at 9:00pm EST

Then on Friday:
    Young and the Restless at 12:30pm EST
    Bold and the Beautiful at 1:30pm EST

Has nothing to do with that, they all aired at the right time and were not repeats.

5. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Might help to post the full error message then, because your two descriptions are exactly what I get for the cases I posted.

6. thomamon

thomamon AllStar

Jul 20, 2008
    The top one is the exact message, its the bottom one that is not exact. Here they are again:

• This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13)
    • And the other one was something about a guide change, but I don't remember what exactly it was right now.

With the top one it has not been recorded and it is the exact show I want.

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I just looked this one up on thefutoncritic.com. Are you recording it on Nick or Teen Nick? It was moved from Nick at Nite to Teen Nick on 8/8.

8. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    1. Your show type would be first run, or re-run, or both.
      1. Some of my shows while they're being aired for the first time here in the US, they've been first aired earlier in the original country. Discovery & BBCA will do this to me.
      2. the program already recorded has bitten me before when the same show was aired on two different channels. I wanted both airings, but the 34 canceled the second off a different channel. The HR2x don't do this and it pissed me off, as I'd manually selected it to record.
    2. Guide changes would need to get the full error message which shows what program was being aired at the time.

9. orum

orum Cool Member

Feb 3, 2007
    I am getting this same message for my wife's recording of General Hospital every day on ABC7 in Chicago. If I delete the series record and create a new one, it will work for a while, then it will stop recording.

I am getting the same message in my history:
    This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded.

Luckily, I am doing a manual record of the previous nights General Hospital on soapnet, or the DirecTV would be thrown out the window.

Dan

10. cummingsje

cummingsje AllStar

Mar 23, 2007
    Having the same problem with ABC 7 Detroit for General Hospital. Deleted and created another and seems to work so far. Also the same for GMA on the same channel.

11. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I am having the same issue with Young and the restless and bold and the beautiful and my GF is ready to break something! :D

I wanted to see if we could compare data and see if it is happening on the same days for each of us or if the DVR's are doing it at random independently of each other.

Last week it cancelled both shows every day except Friday for me, and it gave the same "cancelled due to show type settings" message.

It also did not record today.

12. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    This does not fix the problem but it will record the shows.

Since it appears these shows come on the same channel at the same time of day you can go into the Manual Record section of the menu and set the channel, time to start, duration to record and how often to repeat and how many to keep.
    This bypasses the guide data and strictly goes by the settings for the channel, time, etc.

This is not the same as finding them in the Guide and pressing the record button.

13. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I find the History to be very Flaky.

For instance, one show that I had a series set up to record on channel 245HD was recording just like it is supposed to. During the week, the program aired several more times.

In the history it shows all of those reruns as canceled. It even gave 2 different reasons for the cancellation. The fact is that they were never supposed to record because they were reruns.
    How can they be canceled when they were not supposed to be recorded ?