1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 for $319

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bflora, Apr 27, 2012.

1. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    Dishbuys.com has hr34's for $319 with free shipping.

2. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    be aware they will be leased units....and come with a 2 year commitment

3. liltalkm

liltalkm Mentor

Jan 2, 2007
    Isn't that the same deal when you buy a leased unit be it from DTV directly or solid signal etc?

Anyone purchased one from this company?

4. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    I bought one from them for $349 at the end of March. I was looking for something recently when I noticed they had it for $319. Oh well! They ship from regional locations and I got mine in 2 days. No problems for me

5. liltalkm

liltalkm Mentor

Jan 2, 2007
    I just took the plunge so that is good to hear.

DTV would not budge on the price for me. I assume it is because of all the replacement HR24's they had to give me when they installed the SWM16 whole home DVR system last year, but that was not my fault. Three of my older HD DVR's would not get a good signal from one of the 99 sats, but the HR24 would work great. I did not argue with the installer when he replaced all my DVR's except for one with a HR24.

The CSR said it was because of supply and demand. I told him that I could get it cheaper online and he said "Great!". Been a subscriber since late 1994. Win some, lose some.

The HR34 will allow me to replace the two DVR's I have on my family room TV. I so hated having to bounce between them.

Now with a little rearrangement I will be able to send back to them a HR20 and a H25 reducing my receiver count while increasing my tuner count.

Thanks for the report!

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Personally, I'd rather get it from a reseller as Directv requires an installer. When I got mine, it was a simple swap out, and was worth not having to deal with an installer.

7. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Can you have 2 HR34s on one account. I have tried to order a second one from DTV and was denied. Told each acct can only have one. Would this apply if you buy/lease from a 3rd party. Dont want to buy and then get stuck or have to send it back to DTV. Any suggestions?

8. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Yes, you can have 2 HR34s on one account. There are several DBSTalk members with more than one.

9. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Not through DTV by conventional means. Policy is one per household right now....

10. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    that's what i have been told and that is also what dishbuys told me. How can it been done unconventionally?

11. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    So you didn't order WHDS?

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    True.

They will only sell you ONE per household, but you can connect more than one.

Just buy from a third party seller.

13. liltalkm

liltalkm Mentor

Jan 2, 2007
    LOL!, Point taken. But I didn't ask for it, they offered.

Here is my story if you are interested...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=194793

Anyway, when it was all said and done, the 2 new HR24's they were going to bring me ended up being 5 HR24's and a H25 for $49.99 (something like that) which I am sure was not their original intention.

14. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    DTV told me that they will not activate a second HR34.

15. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Yes, that is true. It is almost impossible to activate two HR34s.

16. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I don't understand this. Why would they care if you have more than one? I can see them not wanting to give you reduced prices on the second one, but other than that, what would the issue be?

17. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Is this made clear in any terms and conditions or other notification through their resellers?

If not, that is an issue.

18. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    I agree. In the end it comes down to just having 3 extra tuners and a bit more storage than an HR24 (which I have 3 of no problem). I was told no one can have 2 and that it was a supply issue (not fair for someone to have 2 and another not have one - which does not address the 3rd party seller route) and that b/c these are so new they are concerned that 2 34s would have unforeseen compatibility issues (also untrue).

The other day I called DTV to order and 2nd one and they said no problem. I guess stupidly I asked if it was an issue to have 2. The CSR checked with her supervisor and said it was and would not complete the order. My concern in asking was I did not want to get it and then not be able to activate it and then be out the money spent. The whole thing is very strange.

19. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    And this is what it says if you are a new customer trying to order one.

Available only to new DIRECTV customers. Limit one per customer. Available to all DIRECTV customers later this year.

20. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    The key word, I believe, is almost.